Advice on Chasing my first double.

Jb67

Afternoon all,

got a weekend free mid October.

as the title states I’m looking to catch my first double.

it’s between dever springs and Lechlade.
What would you recommend and why?
Cheers
JB

Rob Edmunds

Ok Both waters stock every day, a double from these waters is just a supersized stock fish nothing more......most fish are only are in the water a week or two.

Both are easy waters to catch a double from ..visit either 3 times and you are pretty much guaranteed to achieve your aim....A floating line with a black snake or Olive Goldhead Damsel is realistically all you will need figure of 8'd or roly poly back..... Just give it 15 casts in an area then move and you will be finished in no time.

For me it's not really very exciting, yes I have fished these waters numerous times, yes I have enjoyed it, but it's a once a season day" jolly" with a group of friends, usually before the reservoirs open....

In October the reservoirs will really start hitting form, why not aim for a 5lb plus grown on reservoir fish instead. ...it will fight better, and be more of an achievement......

Just a thought that's all....

icejohn

Don't go light on the tippet 10 lb as minimum

As rob says either. The specimen lake at Lechlade slightly easier to cover all the water etc. Few casts and keep moving. Intermediate blue line and big lure should work. Not to fast a retrieve cause I found smaller fish locked onto it. Smaller being your 3-5 lbers...good size but not what you after.