Advice on Packington

bmi1230_0

Hi All
New to this forum and i am wondering if anyone can offer advice on Packington,we are hoping to fish there next week and would like to know if its fishing from fixed platforms as in we could fish in boots /wellies or do we need to bring waders for wading.
Do i need to pack a landing net or do we need to use the fisheries own net.
I should have said its my first time to Packington.So any advice would be appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Bryan

squirrelblue

bmi1230_0 said:
Hi All
New to this forum and i am wondering if anyone can offer advice on Packington,we are hoping to fish there next week and would like to know if its fishing from fixed platforms as in we could fish in boots /wellies or do we need to bring waders for wading.
Do i need to pack a landing net or do we need to use the fisheries own net.
I should have said its my first time to Packington.So any advice would be appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Bryan

Hi Bryan
No wading at packington, it's an old gravel pit and shelves off very quickly.
there are 3 or 4 platforms on the lake, and regards the landing net the last time i was there you could use your own.
tight lines

SB

bmi1230_0

Hi Thanks for the info,It was Roy who suggested Packington,however hes away on a fishing trip before i could ask him all my questions,i have managed to find the phone number so i will give the fishery a call before i leave,but thanks again for your replies..

Bryan

charlythebamf

bmi1230_0

Cocks Close has been closed for a few months but i'm pleased to say i've been there recently and its nearly back to it best. Definately no wading but there are pleanty of spots to get close in and the fish are feeding. I caught mainly on black lures, cats whiskers and the Daddy.

Never had a problem taking my own net although you may need to dip it prior to fishing. Give them a ring and hope you have a good day, i'll almost certainly be up there Sunday.

CTB

wcb

fished it a few times and had some good days there.

Better fishing there from now on as it is slow in the summer.

Floating lines and buzzers work well.

Lake i fished around 20 acres.

fishing is from bank or boat.

you will have a good time.

WCB

Pass us me net

I havn't been since May, was told it (cocks close, the D/T water) had been open for any method during the summer months.

Be interested in how anyone gets on there this weekend, as I might be tempted for half-a-day next week.

Gary

Latest posts