Airflo superflo fly line

h49

As a novice fly fisher, I've been looking at the new Airflo Superflo fly lines.

Wondering if anyone out there has tried one yet? If so, which do you think would suit a modest caster.......The Stillwater or The Presentation?

themind

Kent, garden of England with a hosepipe ban!
Airflo lines get a bit of stick here on the forums, they had a reputation for bad memory in the early days (in my opinion that no pretty much sorted) but the suggestion of Barrio lines is an excellent one. As a self confessed novice I would suggest you go for a pretty standard taper, such as the 90 however I would also recommend you give Mike Barrio a ring and talk through the type of fishing you like and what you want to get into, he's a great guy and will give you very good advice - also there are not many companies where you can talk to the actual owner and designer.

Try here
Contact | Barrio Fly Lines

Seriously, most people on the forum (including me) will favourably compare Mikes lines with those costing twice the price.

Steve

roger h 10

As a novice fly fisher, I've been looking at the new Airflo Superflo fly lines.

Wondering if anyone out there has tried one yet? If so, which do you think would suit a modest caster.......The Stillwater or The Presentation?

If you have a look at my posts you'll se that I did an in depth review of these lines a couple of weeks ago. The Stillwater is not difficult to cast but if your casting isn't too good you might be better off with the Presentation.

Whichever you choose they are VERY good lines and nothing like the old Airflo's which were awful.

mackiia1

I purchased a new Airflo Super Dri Lake Pro from a friend in the business last year and on the first time using it, I discovered that half way along the line the braided core was outside the coating in few places.
I returned it hassle free to my friend and asked for a Super Dri Elite instead.
I used the Elite a few times and thought it a good line until I noticed a pig tail kink in the middle of the line one day - the coating on the line was not bonding to the core - on further inspection it had occurred in a few places - I could move the coating freely up and down the core. I binned the line - couldn't be bothered asking for another replacement .

Get yourself a Wychwood Feather Down - I have 2 of them and they are great lines - no issues with either.

Last edited:

noel

Have a read of the matchcatch thread re the real gold lines £5.61 delivered.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

parrot

I purchased a new Airflo Super Dri Lake Pro from a friend in the business last year and on the first time using it, I discovered that half way along the line the braided core was outside the coating in few places.
I returned it hassle free to my friend and asked for a Super Dri Elite instead.
I used the Elite a few times and thought it a good line until I noticed a pig tail kink in the middle of the line one day - the coating on the line was not bonding to the core - on further inspection it had occurred in a few places - I could move the coating freely up and down the core. I binned the line - couldn't be bothered asking for another replacement .

Get yourself a Wychwood Feather Down - I have 2 of them and they are great lines - no issues with either.

Yes - I had problems with my SuperDri Elites but the SuperFlo is a different line. I used one yesterday and it was brilliant. Of course, time will tell how it survives after a season or two.

mackiia1

Yes - I had problems with my SuperDri Elites but the SuperFlo is a different line. I used one yesterday and it was brilliant. Of course, time will tell how it survives after a season or two.

Yes , my mistake :eek:hno:

But I'd bet my life they are the same lines , made in the same place but with a new name.
Hopefully they have rectified the obvious manufacturing problem - a friend of mine had the exact same issue with the Elite

As a side note - when I asked someone in the know what was the difference between the new Streamtec V2 Fly Rod and the original Streamtec Fly Rod he replied in 2 words - " The Colour "

Last edited:

Dave Penny

The new Superflo is a very good line, I also have a Barrio GT90 and GT125.
all good for the type of fishing that I use each for. They all need a little stretch at the start of the session.

Dave Penny

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Latest posts