Fly Fishing Forum banner

airflo switch reels

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  shuck raider 
#1 ·
I looking to buy 3 of these reels does any one use them or recommend a good reel with at least 3 spools for under £50
Airflo Switch 7/9 Reel with 4 Spools | eBay

or the sonic reel
SONIK SK3 CASSETTE REEL, 7/8, 3 SPOOLS & CASE, FREE P&P | eBay

I need at least 16spools when I priced up the new greys series it costs a lot of money their spare spools are the best part of a tenner each I have been using the okuma integrity but the drags have gone on 2 of the reels and the spools are not the easiest to store in the lid of a beta box

#6 ·
the orange reels looks outstanding and I had 2 pm from chris this morning. His personal touch on a sunday morning is outstanding when I have waited since Friday morning to get a email/phone you back of a big company,yes I know their busy dealing with thousands of sales but surely asking how much to buy a few spools off the shelf cant be that hard to answer

#9 ·
Vision koma cassette reel mate,recently bought 3 myself,great reels for £40 each with 3 cassettes,you can't go wrong.:thumbs:

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

I'd avoid the sonik,my mate has one, cassettes are a little brittle,also the arbor is a lot smaller than the Vision.

#11 ·
I looked at these they looked well made for the price (vision) I emailed a couple of sellers stating I wanted 3 reels and extra spools as 9 spools are not enough 16 minimum possibly 20 but have had no reply as yet.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Is it the switch or switch cassette you're after lee?

Sent by fairy dust via Tapatalk.
I never knew their was 2 different types

#20 ·
my friend has one had for a good few years he actually bought another recently , one thing which are not great with these reels are the colour on them scratch off quite easily due to putting down on ground which does show the use however for price they sell for and my friend still has it to this day brilliant reel from my view and apparently from what he has said :)

#21 ·
Okuma Airframe gives you the complete reel plus 3 spare spools for 35 quid. Fine if you're not bothered about the bling aspect of fly reels - I bought this lot in a 9wt for my winter piking and it does the job just fine. Floater, Intermediate, Sink Tip and Di 6, all safely tucked away in a free reel case. Can't be bad to it for the money involved :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.