Alan Bithell Demonstration

spinnerman

Alan will be tying for Bolton Fly Tyers at the Beehive Pub in Horwich tomorrow evening from 7pm onwards, we are a new club just getting established so visitors would be welcome to help us get going, £4 entrance

Alan Bithell, Tuesday 4th November 2008, Beehive Pub, nr the Middlebrook retail Park, Horwich, Bolton, Lancashire

Hope to see some of you there

Chris

ChrisC84

Only just noticed this. Bit of a shame or I would have turned up and tried to collect the money Mr Bithell owes me.

wcb

It looks like Alan has been a naughty boy.

I wondered why he has not been on the forums since his book was released.

WCB

P

Puss in Boots

Isn't all this libellous?

Chris - has this been posted on your somewhat much more restricted forum?

PiB

ChrisC84

"Somewhat more restricted"? Haha.

Not everything negative that is said about a person is libellous. The law states that it is only libellous if the comment is false. None of my above comments are false, and given Spidersplus' comments I'm sure you'll agree that it's more than just a coincidence that we would both be making up libellous comments?

spidersplus

Sorry PiB but it's simple -

Lent money and goods, not repaid or returned, would like to recover both funds and goods - plain facts, not libel.

Last edited:

nelson66

I was at Alans presentation last night in Horwich. I have never tied a fly in my life, found it fascinating and will probably go to Horwich fly tying club again.

Alan Bithell started the night by explaining that he had been "off the circuit" for some time due to the breakdown of a relationship, and went on to say a little about the deep doo doo his ex partner had left him in such as no home, belongings, fishing gear etc etc.

A few years ago my life fell to pieces when i went through a relationship breakdown and consequent divorce. Whilst i didnt owe any money or goods to anyone my life was a complete mess and i found that i was only just able to function as the person i hope i will always be. It took time to get my life back on track but eventually with the support of friends and family i did.

Alan seems to be at the start of the stage where he is putting all this behind him and restarting his life. Good on him.

Whilst i have no idea about the amounts or value of goods he owes you, maybe if you give him a little time to find his feet then you might change your opion of him - maybe not.

What i mean to say is give the guy a chance to get back up before you kick him down.

DrRob

Phil your restraint does you credit and shows you are an honourable man which is more than can be said for Mr Bithell!

spidersplus

Thank you Dr. Rob.

However, I was wrong to post comments and add to the comments already posted - I never usually "air my dirty washing" on the forum so should not have done so this time.

I offer my apologies.

Very few people on the forum know the facts surrounded this person and I am not about to start giving chapter and verse.

Kind regards and apologies to nelson66 if I spoilt his perception of the evening in Horwich.

northernjohn

Can I join the line?

I can personally vouch for the fact about the money and goods owed to Spidersplus. Mr Bithell also owes me about £1000. The printers for his book I am led to believe also have a writ out trying to recover the monies owed to them by said person.

The 'story' given to me by Mr Bithel was that his mother (who is dead-he has no shame!) did not pay the final payment on his car before he went overseas and the bailiffs had arrived on his doorstep.

I am glad you enjoyed his tying. He is a talented tyer but please in your own interest do not fall for his self pitying rubbish about why he has no money!

The comment about it only being libel if is untrue is correct and if Mr Bithel wants to stand opposite me in open court he is more than welcome to do so!

Highlander

However, I was wrong to post comments and add to the comments already posted - I never usually "air my dirty washing" on the forum so should not have done so this time.
With hindsight I reckon so.

On an aside Phil I see you still have his signature flies listed on your site.
maybe he can "Magic" up his creditors some cash.
:rolleyes:

Tight Lines

Last edited:

spidersplus

Alan / Highlander,

To try to help Alan Bithell last year, I offered to put some of his patterns on my website and paid him IN FULL for the flies he tied before I sold them - I seem to remember I even supplied him some of the materials to tie them at no charge.

I still have a number of the Bi Colour Nymphs and the Bead Head Red Tag nymphs in stock, hence them being listed online. So - I am certainly NOT profiting by promoting these flies.

I note that Mickey P has deleted his comments - I was going to agree with his observation as to the only person that can help Alan is himself - and add that everyone else can help by NOT lending any more money, however plausible the reasons giving.

Kind regards

Last edited:

Highlander

Phil I think most people have the picture by now, sad though this case this appears to be.
Hope you get sorted out but reading between the lines I doubt it.
Tight Lines

Latest posts