Albury Estate

Paul A Martin

I am mulling over the possibility of visiting the Albury Estate fisheries - so like a dutiful forum member thought i would take a look and see what other venerable anglers think of said estate. There doesn't seem to be anything on these waters by anyone ( a smatter on Syon ) - this either means the fishery is pants or so good everyone is keeping schtum. The web site looks very good. Anyone with any feed back or thoughts, much appreciated.
Regards

dom

Albury is my local, and if small stillwaters are your thing, then it is as good as any I have been too. The fish have always been of good quality, and the tickets sytem means you can go on any of their waters, and come back another day if you can't (or don't want to) catch your limit. Peter Cockwills shop is also very near by, and always worth popping in to see what is catching (blue flash damsel would be a bloody good bet ;) apparently they feed the trout on blue flash damsel looking pellets :p ).
I haven't been this year however so don't know how it is fishing at the moment. Try not to go on a weekend either, as it can be rather busy.
If you are in the area then I would possibly try http://www.fishcountryleisure.com/Welcome.htm
It is smaller than Albury, and in my opinion a bit better for it.
Cheers
dom

chub1

Have been three times fairly recently-once to Vale End and twice to Weston.
Struggled at Vale End,however my mate did ok.Weston was not easy,at least the main lake wasn't unless you were on the vast shoal at the car park end.In that event they were having a pop at anything.The small pool(woodlodge) produced fish for me,mini cats,black or white cast to seen fish.Only my opinion its too small a pool though.Powdermill was awful did not bother with it due to the algae.Think its still affected now.
As Dom said,you can re-use any unused tickets.You do need a four fish ticket now to start with however.
Syon is ok,only fished it once though.
Dom is right,it can be busy at weekends,more so at Vale End.Plenty of water to go at at Weston though.
Will be going myself next saturday,probably to Weston.

Last edited:

chub1

Paul,let me know if you go,might perhaps be able to arrange a meet!!!!.Would be happy to show you the venue.
I am almost certainly going next saturday:D :D

snaggit

The goldhead blue flash damsel can be a killer at the lodge pool at weston,I know:D as far as powdermills is concerned , they reckon its is starting to clear, this could be a winner for the angler as trout use sight the most these fellas will be pretty hungery and more than likely go for anything:eek: best give them a ring on the state of powdermills if you fancy ago, dont forget its double tickets there.Weston is a nice fishery and theyve cut the weed which was annoying some anglers:confused: some nice kippers there Chub1 will guide you in the right direction;) If you try the lodge pool , take the left bank and cast right into the tree area and also to the bend of the right bank from the left bank, also at any rises, then hang on . recommend the ghbfd as above with plenty of tail, bunch not so much lenth:D
Good luck and lets see the pics of your catches chaps:)

Gaz

Latest posts