An Afternoon on the Canal

jaybeegee

Took the afternoon off today; dug some worms, piled rods, nets and two grandsons aged ten and eight into the car and headed for the Leeds Liverpool at Calverley Bridge. They had a dozen or so perch including two monsters of about 6oz, until the attention span fizzled out and they took up all in wrestling instead. Beats work. :thumbs:

Brendan

salmofisher

Brendan,
My Grandfather also took me fishing as a ten year old boy . Sixty four years later I’m still at it . I remember with great joy those childhood excursions. Thank you for doing your part in introducing a new generation to our sport.
Salmofisher.

haggstock

Took the afternoon off today; dug some worms, piled rods, nets and two grandsons aged ten and eight into the car and headed for the Leeds Liverpool at Calverley Bridge. They had a dozen or so perch including two monsters of about 6oz, until the attention span fizzled out and they took up all in wrestling instead. Beats work. :thumbs:

Brendan

That made me smile , as a Bramley lad growing up in the sixties I got up to all sorts on that stretch of the canal ( including the odd bit of spinning) , then around 1970 the Railway Inn where anybody over five feet could pass as 18 . Is it still open?

jaybeegee

That made me smile , as a Bramley lad growing up in the sixties I got up to all sorts on that stretch of the canal ( including the odd bit of spinning) , then around 1970 the Railway Inn where anybody over five feet could pass as 18 . Is it still open?
It is indeed and I must confess a bit of a magnet for fishing grandads on the walk back to the car. :guinness: The river behind the pub might surprise you now, it’s much cleaner and though difficult to access there are some promising looking runs with fish rising.
Brendan

Latest posts