And it's all over once more.

BobP

Back in mid-September I did a thread on the start of my picking up season, and almost before I could blink it's all over for another season.

I've done 55 days on three different estates. One of the spaniels cut his foot so I bought him a pair of the boots the police use for their dogs when they work in dangerous environments. Police dogs don't run like spaniels and neither boot lasted even as long as one drive! The main dog ran full tilt into a chicken wire fence and pulled a muscle in his shoulder but nothing serious. The old boy is still with us, but has largely lost interest in proceedings. He picked the occasional partridge if he all but fell over it but that was all.

The youngster is now eight months old and is all arms & legs and extremely fast. If I can find a brain inside his skull I'm sure he will work out OK.

So, that's it. Wind down time now and prepare for the guiding season to come.

country_est

Was thinking the same and my old girl was all but retired, then I got a call for a clean up day on Friday morning. Just a walk thru the woods with 3 of us for the last day.

As for the 8 months old one, my young 1 is now 2 and went thru that stage last season, but is now shaping up well

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

anith

Not over yet bobp Pink Foot off the Solway this morning great duck flight in Derbyshire tonight and clean up day to look forward to on friday.

rockslider

I'm off to try and get me a couple of teal or widgeon this afternoon for the last hurrah.