Andrew Cartwright Game Angling

sage

Pro Member
Welcome to Andrew Cartwright Game Angling.

Situated in the upper Severn valley at Caersws, I have been fly fishing for about 30 years. I am passionate about trout and grayling fishing in the rivers and lakes of Wales and also their conservation and well-being.

I would like to share my passion by teaching both children and adults in all forms of fly casting, tying, game angling, spinning and bait casting, you can have anything from a one hour casting lesson to a full days guided fly fishing.

* I am a full time Instructor and Guide
* A licensed and qualified fly casting instructor.
* First Aider.
* Certified in child protection.
* A member of the Game Angling Instructors Association ( GAIA)
* A member of the Salmon & Trout Association.
* A member of the Grayling Society.
* A fly casting instructor and guide for the Wye & Usk Foundation.
* Guided for the Wild Trout Trust.

Last edited:

sage

Pro Member
Hi All.

Just wishing all forum members, friends and clients a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, I hope you all have a fantastic 2011 fishing season.

sage

Pro Member
Hi All

Happy New Year to you all.

Went for a play in North Wales today with a friend of mine, I was suprised that the fish seemed to be quite scattered.

I was pleased to catch this one, came up and to a big bushy deer hair dry, while fishing the Trio.

sage

Pro Member

Hi All

As you might know I like fishing and guiding with cane and silk, I did some work for Sir Johnny Scott's new book, called the Book Of Britain, not so much about the fishing side, more about the development side of fishing, any how some more press for the older styles of fishing and equipment.

sage

Pro Member
Hi All.

Just like to wish everyone a fantastic 2011 trout season, I hope you catch the fish of your dreams.

sage

Pro Member
Hi Kieron.

Thanks for the kind words, no time to put pen to paper, time to get some of my own fishing after a busy year.
Couple from today.

sage

Pro Member
Grayling Guiding on some of the best river in Wales, from total novices with all gear included, or the more experienced angler wanting to brush up on there skills.

With the chance of some nice fish.

Also if your looking for a pressent for a friend or loved one, why not get a gift voucher for anything from a casting lesson, to a complete days fishing in picturesque Wales.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss your requirements and have a look at my web site www.acgameangling.com

Last edited:

nightbyfly

I recently had my first ever FF lesson with Andrew and can highly recommend him. Very informative with a comfortable teaching style. I even caught 3 fish.....and lost a couple of course.
Now looking forward to Santa's visit so I can add to my tackle.
:thumbs:

sage

Pro Member
A very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to one and all.

Hi SB, well I always try to do my best for one and all.

Hi Nightbyfly, really pleased you enjoyed your day with me, hope to see you again in the new season.

Best wishes to All Andrew

Last edited:

sage

Pro Member
Whlre the rivers have been high, I have been doing a blog/diary, with a lot of help from a good friend.

Have a look hope you like it FlyFishingWales with Andrew Cartwright

Last edited:

spencer

Banned
Banned
Andrew is one of the nicest people that I have ever met , watched him once last year showing a man and a lady the basics , i was standing on the bridge over looking the Severn, within a short time the lady knew how to cast , I was gob smacked .
The man followed shortley, a true professional , thats all I can say and a decent person:thumbs:

Cheers
Spencer

Last edited:

sage

Pro Member
Hi All

Well the grayling season has just finished and what a fantastic season it was.

I would like to wish you all a fantastic 2012 trout season, hope you catch your dreams, tightlines to one and all.

If you would like to see how my grayling season went have a look at Pleasure Fishing « FlyFishingWales
I'm sure there will be a few trout on there over the season as well.

Thighlines Andrew.

Latest posts