Another nail in the coffin of wild salmon

Bourach

I know this forum has many members with business talents/contacts but surely somebody has some contact with the media either radio or TV to highlight this problem . Just to raise it to the publics awareness then things will start moving.

Its got to start somewhere :thumbs:

It's in the press - radio, TV, printed media.

The public are aware and simply not interested.

G

guest54

Salmon aren't cute and cuddly enough. :rolleyes:

I tell all my family about the horrors of salmon farming and the damage it does, I'm still the only one who won't eat it, lost cause with them I'm afraid.:(

john young

Salmon aren't cute and cuddly enough. :rolleyes:
Too right.

Greenpeace calls it "Survival of the cuddliest" :)

tumblr_lwn0itMXHj1qkktjvo1_500.jpg

A ******* salmon's got no chance :p

minstrel

If it was pine martens, red squirrels, or some other endangered animal there would be a huge outcry if there was an alien creature threatening their existence. We need someone in parliament who understands the whole existence of Atlantic salmon and our sea trout to take up the fight, I don't know who that might be or if such a person exists, unfortunately.

john young

If it was pine martens, red squirrels, or some other endangered animal there would be a huge outcry if there was an alien creature threatening their existence. We need someone in parliament who understands the whole existence of Atlantic salmon and our sea trout to take up the fight, I don't know who that might be or if such a person exists, unfortunately.
Possibly because there is NO convincing evidence.

The decline of Atlantic salmon has been every bit as great where there is no fish farming within 50-500 miles.

I believe that it started to decline long before salmon farms, when the Atlantic feeding grounds were discovered. and it declined very rapidly. That's definitely what started Orrie Vignuffson off. To zero effect.

G

guest54

The decline of Atlantic salmon has been every bit as great where there is no fish farming within 50-500 miles.

I believe that it started to decline long before salmon farms, when the Atlantic feeding grounds were discovered. and it declined very rapidly. That's definitely what started Orrie Vignuffson off. To zero effect.

Rather simplistic explanation IMO, it has been a long and accumulative series of things that have led to their decline, indiscriminate fishing practices, raping the sea of prey species (such as sand eels), for pig food and fertilizer, and shrimp for human consumption and to feed to farmed salmon, degradation of spawning grounds, afforestation and conversely, deforestation, the list goes on but what it amounts to is mans constant meddling and interference with nature.

williegunn

I see your knowledge of salmon fishing is at a similar level to your knowledge of deer management and stalking.

Why post on subjects that you patently know nothing about?

Have you got some sort of Tourette's where you have to comment on every single thread?

Last edited:

swiss

To give you a shining example of some public opinion on this matter, the news was posted on twitter and a few replies were 'swim free'! :eek:mg:

Latest posts