Anti virus for iPhone

haggstock

The general consensus is that you do not need one, no one I know uses one. If you connect to the internet on unsecured wifi such as coffee shops or pubs etc, you might want to use a VPN service like hotspot ( I use it on my iPad to watch UK TV when I'm working abroad:)) .earlier this year there was an iOS scare about hijacked accounts , but Apple put that down to people giving away account info after receiving " phishing emails"

bibio1st

Lee, I've had an iPhone for a couple of years without any problems virus wise, I have had occasional problems with pop ups on this site but admin usually sorts this fairly quickly.

Steve

banjo298

Lee I also have used an I phone for over three years without any anti virus software, and have had no problems. I've always been lead to believe it's not necessary with Apple.

blox119

There is no risk to you from viruses on an iPhone (or Mac) but there is the potential to pass on a virus to a windows user if you send them an infected file or email.

I wouldn't bother with antivirus on the iPhone, I do run Clam AV on my Mac just to help protect the poor misguided Windows users.