*****Any 13 Platinum tapered leaders £10 PICK AND MIX STYLE

Angus McLeod

I have been a customer of David's for some years, and he has always been excellent to deal with. But he has been unwell for a while now, so please cut him some slack.
Angus

airebugwafter

Just had a Facebook notification (yep, I am down with the KidZ!!) that Flyandlures has now changed address to North Wales. Business sold? new owner? :thumbs:

flyandlures

As some of you have speculated Flyandlures has indeed changed hands and is now based in North Wales.

We'll be posting some introductory offers shortly but in the meantime we need to advise than any issues with previous deals should be taken up with David as we can't take responsibility for them.

noel

I have to get myself into gear and buy some 4lb ones for my dries.

Last edited:

flyandlures

Sorry for being a bit quiet but there's been a few issues to sort out.

It's interesting to note what a jolly good chap some of you think the former owner of this business was, I'm sure that he was good to some of you but my experience has been somewhat different!

Stock that was paid for has not been delivered, access to emails and domains has not been fully given and he lied to PayPal to avoid having to repay the money for undelivered stock and unpaid VAT. We have also had to reimburse a number of his customers who were unsuccessfully chasing non delivery or substandard stock.

Still enough of that, we are still in business but working from a new url.

Fly and Lures

We are running low on some of the most popular items, particularly 9' in 3x and 4x but expecting new stock soon, so if it's those that you want please be patient.

We don't seem to have much interest in 15' leaders or fluorocarbon tippet spools so we're planning to drop these once the current stock is exhausted, unless you tell me different.

Mrtrout

I’m sorry to hear of your issues, I always found David polite friendly trustworthy and efficient.
I hope you make a success of the venture.
S.

G

guest54

I’m sorry to hear of your issues, I always found David polite friendly trustworthy and efficient.
I hope you make a success of the venture.
S.

Me too, only delay I ever experienced was when David was having health issues but everything arrived eventually with an apology.

airebugwafter

Sorry for being a bit quiet but there's been a few issues to sort out.

It's interesting to note what a jolly good chap some of you think the former owner of this business was, I'm sure that he was good to some of you but my experience has been somewhat different!

Stock that was paid for has not been delivered, access to emails and domains has not been fully given and he lied to PayPal to avoid having to repay the money for undelivered stock and unpaid VAT. We have also had to reimburse a number of his customers who were unsuccessfully chasing non delivery or substandard stock.

Still enough of that, we are still in business but working from a new url.

Fly and Lures

We are running low on some of the most popular items, particularly 9' in 3x and 4x but expecting new stock soon, so if it's those that you want please be patient.

We don't seem to have much interest in 15' leaders or fluorocarbon tippet spools so we're planning to drop these once the current stock is exhausted, unless you tell me different.

Good to hear that you are making a go of it. I suppose the next question is: are you holding to the 13 leaders for £10 (as per previous owner) for members on here, or is it as per your website cost? Just thought I would ask:eek::D Might be worth starting a new thread in the for sale section.

banjo298

I had a bad experience from Flyandlures after ordering fluorocarbon tippett. It arrived quickly enough but on use turned out to be completely rotten snapping very easily. I complained to Dave who asked me to return the faulty goods which I promptly did at my own expense. He had said he would return it to the manufacturer for their comments. I never heard anything else! I sent him several emails and private messages asking for an update but never heard anything else from him. Now out of pocket for the cost of the materials and return postage I publicly complained about his shoddy practices in the forum. This post was promptly removed by the editor who informed me Dave had been in hospital and requested I give him some slack! Under the circumstances I took it no further but it still leaves me suspicious of buying anything else from any other trade member on here!

G

guest37226

Fair comments Earl. I had issues with David and eventually sorted them out but the "hospital" reason did drag along for a good while :confused:

Never used him again