Anyone fished the Till recently?

speytime

I'm wondering if anyone has fished the Till this year and if there's been any sea trout getting caught?
If you prefer to pm me I can understand that.
I'm thinking about a night on Wednesday?

Cheers Al

GEK79

I'm wondering if anyone has fished the Till this year and if there's been any sea trout getting caught?
If you prefer to pm me I can understand that.
I'm thinking about a night on Wednesday?

Cheers Al
Good luck stay safe Al..

ackroyd

Yes. There were good runs recently. Phone Brian Thompson the manager at Ford & Etal 01688-216223 and speak to him. He's a nice guy and will give you honest advice.

ackroyd

And by the way, if you are planning on fishing through the night, don't drive home when you are exhausted and could fall asleep at the wheel. Stay in one of the chalets at the Red Lion in Millfield, only a few miles from the river, and enjoy a good mid-morning breakfast when you waken up. They are well used to dealing with nocturnal anglers.

speytime

I spoke to Brian Thomson and managed to arrange a few nights on the river, he is indeed a very helpful chap, i picked up the tickets from his wife but when he got home he called and offered to come up to show us the water 👍
I declined it was 8.30pm I'm sure he wanted finished, he then gave a good description of the water which pools to leave until later on dark and how to go about getting into them etc, i only caught a 1/2lb brown trout but I did see the most spectacular shooting star I've ever seen
I'm back tomorrow night 🤞

Cheers Al

Iberian

Careful out there:

Tweed said to Till "What gars ye rin sae still?"
Says Till to Tweed, "Though ye rin wi' speed And I rin slaw
Whar ye droon yin man I droon twa"

speytime

Careful out there:

Tweed said to Till "What gars ye rin sae still?"
Says Till to Tweed, "Though ye rin wi' speed And I rin slaw
Whar ye droon yin man I droon twa"
I've only recently learned of its reputation for drowning fishermen, the 1st beat I was at on Tuesday was quite straightforward wading, the beat I was on last night is a bit more dangerous to a visiting angler, ideally I need to wade it through the day to get a better idea of water, i ended up fishing the area from the burn mouth down to I couldn't wade any deeper.
If I new the water I'd have walked to the top of that stretch and fished the full 150/200 yards of it (if its possible?

It would be good to meet some locals on the water they'd give me a better idea of the wading situation you can't beat local knowledge, going into a strange river during the night isn't ideal.

Cheers Al

Fuffa

Fished it many years ago late April or May for a few days...Brian very helpful good he is still there... one of the party had a 2 and half pound seatrout.

Latest posts