Appleby Eden again!

Teacuis

Back on the Eden today, lots of Grannom about but the only fish showing any interest were juvenile grayling splashing at them - even the egg laying females were being ignored!
I was a bit surprised at the amount of algae growing in the shallows that were in full sunshine, it was like mid summer and the river was starting to show its bones too.
I parked at Bolton Bridge and fished downstream, on my way back upstream I spotted a few lunker brownies especially in the field below the bridge where the chestnut trees stand along the river bank.
Paul.

Mrtrout

Back on the Eden today, lots of Grannom about but the only fish showing any interest were juvenile grayling splashing at them - even the egg laying females were being ignored!
I was a bit surprised at the amount of algae growing in the shallows that were in full sunshine, it was like mid summer and the river was starting to show its bones too.
I parked at Bolton Bridge and fished downstream, on my way back upstream I spotted a few lunker brownies especially in the field below the bridge where the chestnut trees stand along the river bank.
Paul.
It’s hard going at the moment Paul, fished KS on Monday, and Sandford on Wednesday, little to show for it.
Loads of LDOs about and a few grannom, but nothing rising.
A bit of rain wouldn’t go amiss.
S.

Teacuis

Yes my thoughts too about the rain. It was nice to be out though and I didn't see a soul!
Lots of LDO's today also but it was the amount of Grannom that struck me, hundreds of them but no interest from the trout.
Paul.

Teacuis

IMG_20190421_121450.jpg
Just been drying my waders in the sunshine in the garden from my Eden trip the other day and this big fella crawled out of the gravel guard!
Paul.

Last edited:

sewinbasher

It’s hard going at the moment Paul, fished KS on Monday, and Sandford on Wednesday, little to show for it.
Loads of LDOs about and a few grannom, but nothing rising.
A bit of rain wouldn’t go amiss.
S.
Interesting, it was a feature of last year on several diverse rivers that, despite decent hatches, it seemed to take some time for the trout to look up.

Latest posts