Back on the rivers at last -Silver Fish in Winter.

Shangerlad

I finally got my first fly fishing for coarse fish,not on the river as hoped,i took jerryrum and skateboard daves advice. got some beaded nymphs, started with a red squirmyworm. started 5pm today. after 20mins on a slow retrieve noticed the line draw up and my 1st small roach,next cast felt the line tight and hooked what was obviously a skimmer bream. but turned out to be a specimin crisp bag.took a photo but the bag came out blurred! fished till 6'40pm can't wait till next time
IMG_20200319_180333428.jpg
IMG_20200319_173625244.jpg

jerryrum

I finally got my first fly fishing for coarse fish,not on the river as hoped,i took jerryrum and skateboard daves advice. got some beaded nymphs, started with a red squirmyworm. started 5pm today. after 20mins on a slow retrieve noticed the line draw up and my 1st small roach,next cast felt the line tight and hooked what was obviously a skimmer bream. but turned out to be a specimin crisp bag.took a photo but the bag came out blurred! fished till 6'40pm can't wait till next time

Good work!

I think from the photo that might be teardrops you are fishing on? If so, try using the same method on the top end (by the little foot bridge) and I reckon you'll pick up a few Perch.

Shangerlad

Good work!

I think from the photo that might be teardrops you are fishing on? If so, try using the same method on the top end (by the little foot bridge) and I reckon you'll pick up a few Perch.
Yes no. 4 i caught it at the top narrow swim,usually catch nice bream 2lb + on bread april time there,used to be good for tench not had one for a few seasons now. will try cutting the worm shorter,next time. somebody told me no.2 has some big perch.

William Hurst

Hey Will, have you any info on the small brooks/Canals around Notts?
Any that are heaving with coarse fish ideally - always on the look out for new venues. ;-)
Have you seen this thread I posted in River Reports about Nottingham?
Nottinghan City Centre Rivers
Quite a bit of coarse fish on fly info in that one too.
ATB
Dee
Hi I thought I had replied.i fish the chesterfield canal I live 7 minutes walk away .am getting 20 /30 + fish I fish first lite untill 10.30 2 times a week getting manly roach and Rudd and the odd bream and chub and small pike on nymphs that I tie .

Latest posts