Back to fishing in Scotland??

speytime

Lots of peeps doing it already, and out in public view!
Several guys fishing the tides for finnock at Lossiemouth, one or two sitting on tidal wall on main street!
regards
Bert
I'm not surprised to hear that, though sitting in the main st is kicking the @rse out of bending the rules, likely young lad's.
At least next week us law abiding citizens can participate 🎉

Al

arawa

Lots of peeps doing it already, and out in public view!
Several guys fishing the tides for finnock at Lossiemouth, one or two sitting on tidal wall on main street!
regards
Bert
There have been people spinning along the coast for sea trout in my area for weeks. The passing police cars have been ignoring them so I assume they are not considered a significant risk.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
I'm not surprised to hear that, though sitting in the main st is kicking the @rse out of bending the rules, likely young lad's.
At least next week us law abiding citizens can participate 🎉

Al
Nope, not young lads, more like late middle agers!
Even worse, they can be seen from the local police station!
My sister lives in Lossie, and has actually been conversing (at distance) with a few of them!
regards
Bert

eddleston123

Did I hear Nicola Sturgeon say that there would be a 5 mile travelling limit for fishing during her daily broadcast /update today?

I was in the kitchen making something to eat, so I may have picked it up wrong.

Douglas

eddleston123

That would take in the Tweed and Lyne water. That's good enough for me and I'm happy with that.

I'm fortunate, as I appreciate that many anglers would have to travel substantially bigger distances to wet a line.

Talla/Fruid/Loch Skene/ St. Mary's Loch/Loch of the Loughs/Ettrick water/Yarrow water and other border streams and burns-
They'll just have to wait for a bit.

Douglas

ohanzee

Reminder on TV just now just reminding people that lock down is still in place until Thursday, testing and tacking stuff still being put in place.

ohanzee

I'm not sure what is the basis for this comment, the Welsh First Minister made it very clear that there had been conversations between the four administrations in an attempt to agree a single strategy immediately prior to the various announcements. It seems most unlikely that at these discussions BJ would not tell them what was planned in England and that the others then decided to go their own way!
The Scottish government's announcement came days before BJ made an announcement that confused even his own SAGE advisers.

yardbent

Easing of restrictions doesn't start till 28th assuming nothing changes in the meantime.
I understand that......Douglas..
what is so significant about a Thursday...?

did my weekly shop at local CO-OP today - complete with mask and surgical gloves
3 women (!) brushed past me to shop
one in pajama bottoms was in front of me at the checkout - getting her bottle of Buckfast... say no more

I wont be going out fishing for another month - i have a gut feeling a 2nd wave will take its toll
Do feel sorry for those with children, and those who need to return to their workplace

willie_r

5 miles gets me to Morton, Bangour, the Almond, for trout.
Eliburn REservoir and bits of the Union canal for coarse fishing.
I could try out my glass #3 on some jack pike.

ohanzee

what is so significant about a Thursday...?
Its a bit like saying 'stay' to a badly trained dog, you know its not going to for long but you might get it to behave that moment longer, gives garden centres time to get barriers up etc.

willie_r

I haven't done any coarse fishing in years.
Not deliberately, at any rate.
Like almost everyone, Ive had perch and pike take my fly.
Best was a low double pike from Loch Fad, which took a mini Cat's Whisker lure.
It just swam round the boat for about 15 minutes before it got bored, and let me net it!
If you like course fishing Eliburn/Dean's resi is set up for them.

Al

ackroyd

I just have a bad feeling about all this jolly anticipation and am deeply fearful of a second wave. This virus kills indiscriminately and it seems to me that the politicians, far from "following the science", are bowing to pressure from business. The politicians were not quick enough onto this problem, Sturgeon included. Look at the number of deaths in Scottish care homes - proportionately much higher than in England to whom she has had to turn for supplies and more money.

Andrew Rourke

I can't help feeling the same. Health is now out of the picture and the Politicians are now fully focused on the £.
Disregard what they say (if you are one of the few still listening) and instead look at their actions, that will tell you everything.

willie_r

Re the deaths in care homes.
Scotland counted these from the outset ,while this wasn't the case in England.
Now that these are being counted, England has a worse record per capita.
Nicola Sturgeon was on the case from the start, however the Westminster government were running round in circles and "blamestorming", showing what a bunch of incompetents they are.
Johnson, Raab, Hancock, Patel et al, have been terrible.

I just have a bad feeling about all this jolly anticipation and am deeply fearful of a second wave. This virus kills indiscriminately and it seems to me that the politicians, far from "following the science", are bowing to pressure from business. The politicians were not quick enough onto this problem, Sturgeon included. Look at the number of deaths in Scottish care homes - proportionately much higher than in England to whom she has had to turn for supplies and more money.

Andrew Rourke

Both Govornments have failed to respond appropriately.
Not one is any better than the other, and that's what we should expect. They will serve themselves and their interests first and foremost.
As far as the virus is concerned its down to the individual to keep themselves safe. No one will do it for you, and especially not a lying politician who has no idea of the real world.

williegunn

Nicola Sturgeon was on the case from the start, however the Westminster government were running round in circles and "blamestorming", showing what a bunch of incompetents they are.
Johnson, Raab, Hancock, Patel et al, have been terrible.
Yes right on the case when the Nike Conference took place in Edinburgh, she knew but did nothing.