Badger Set

bobfly2

Quite a bit of nosing about with the fox! Probable a strong scent going on that dogs and foxes will pick up readily and we might not notice too well.

Fishtales

Lovely. What attracted the fox to the sett? Do you bait the camera.
It is a new Sett and the Fox is probably inspecting it to see if it is empty. The camera was just tied to a tree and left for a couple of days, nothing else. The Infra red light panel on the camera flashes red when activated before going dark and they seem to be able to see that and it was probably that which attracted the Badger and the Fox kept looking at it too.

wrongfoot

Great fun. What camera did you use? Are you happy with it? I've wanted one for years. Any recommendations?

Fishtales

Great fun. What camera did you use? Are you happy with it? I've wanted one for years. Any recommendations?
I got this one. It can eat batteries depending on where it is and the settings used. I had it set up in the garden and where it was it was only triggered occasionally and the batteries lasted six weeks. I moved it to just behind a seed feeder and it was triggered oftener and the batteries only lasted three weeks. The images and videos are acceptable and, as you can see, the night ones are very good.

BobP

Where I live we don't have badger setts, we have badger cities! My wife & I walk close to 3 major badger "high rises" & the trails they have created look like the Brock version of the M4! I may be inclined to sit out one evening & see what emerges. Need to be a bit warmer though!

Latest posts