Barlow Trout fisheries

h49

I have been told that Barlow trout ponds are up for sale......so anyone thinking of going, might be best to phone first, check out the situation beforehand.

MobyJones

This place doesn't get mentioned very much at all. But as an update it has now since sold and has been rebranded Barlow Country Club.

Ponds one and two are still fly fishing but ponds three and four are to be combined into a large specimen carp lake. There is talk of a small number of pike being added for winter piking.

The other four ponds remain as coarse and smaller carp ponds.

Day tickets for fly fishing there have increased to £27 per day with a two bag limit and sadly you cannot currently fish the stretch of Barlow Brook as you once could for wild brownies and the odd escapee rainbow.

I always thought this was a great place for beginners to learn to fly fish as it was once very accessible But sadly it looks like it is being affected by the booming carp fishing industry.

D

Deleted member 8214

Pity bumble54 got ticked-off with the forum. I've been in touch recently and he's been fishing a few times to Barlow and doing quite well.

MobyJones

Has anyone fished here recently? I have a friend wanting to learn to fly fish and I can't think of anywhere better locally to him to learn. If so how is it currently fishing?

stevef

If you can’t fish there Press Manor would be a good place for a learner and if required Bernie does casting lessons and has a wealth of knowledge