Barnsfold Waters, Lancashire

toad666

Hi all i fished this water on sunday 16th in bad weather but had a great day with 8 hard fighting rainbows ,smallest was about 2.5 lb biggest was 5.4lb. i am newish to fly fishing they where caught on a nomad olive i think thats what its called and a white whisker ,well worth a visit.

tightlines

black knight

Hi all i fished this water on sunday 16th in bad weather but had a great day with 8 hard fighting rainbows ,smallest was about 2.5 lb biggest was 5.4lb. i am newish to fly fishing they where caught on a nomad olive i think thats what its called and a white whisker ,well worth a visit.

tightlines

Well done toad666 you did well. My friends and I fished there a few weeks ago and didn't do that well.

By the way welcome to the Forum :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

toad666

thanks for the welcome black knight do you go anywhere else in lancashire?

regards toad

daveg

Anyone fished this recently, fairly new to the sport, thinking of giving it a go.

stevef

Anyone fished this recently, fairly new to the sport, thinking of giving it a go.

Not fished it for a few weeks but did well with small size 16 black buzzers with a red butt on a midge tip and had a few when I swapped to a intermediate on tequila blobs the buzzers worked well on the left hand lake as you loo from the lodge

woki

Fished it last week, skinny buzzers on a long leader.
both size 12 slightly heavier on point just 1 dropper, fished dead [no retrieve] in the light ripple if you can find it !!.
6 fish 1 a gorgeous "Brownie" and 5.5lb stunning to look at, returned it with a big smile on me mush...…..:thumbs:

woki

Fished it on Wed 29th,
Very warm [has been several days] fished buzzers deep and washing line.
Takes very hard to come buy, 5 anglers just 7 fish, One bloke had 5 early morning pulling orange lure.
Just the 4 takes for me only 2 fish. Arrived 11 am ish…. Seemed the odd fish topping but im pretty sure they were coarse fish ...very tiny fish :(

Latest posts