Berkeley Barbel 12ft Twin Tip?

Banksie

Hi... and Happy New Year to everyone. I’m looking for any info on a 12ft ‘Berkeley Barbel Twin Tip’.
There are actually three tips - one quiver tip carrier (with a selection of quiver tips) - and two ‘float’ tips at 1 lbs and 1 1/4 lbs test curve respectively.

Main info on the blank is...
‘1111204 Barbel 12ft 366cm-Twin-Tip(1LB-1 1/4LB T.C.)F11’.And, just in front of the handle, it says ‘M1’.
Each float tip has its respective weight printed at the joint.

I’ve checked Google as best I could, but zilch. Would like a reel recommendation ideally. Thank you for reading. 😎

pvthubbard

Hi... and Happy New Year to everyone. I’m looking for any info on a 12ft ‘Berkeley Barbel Twin Tip’.
There are actually three tips - one quiver tip carrier (with a selection of quiver tips) - and two ‘float’ tips at 1 lbs and 1 1/4 lbs test curve respectively.

Main info on the blank is...
‘1111204 Barbel 12ft 366cm-Twin-Tip(1LB-1 1/4LB T.C.)F11’.And, just in front of the handle, it says ‘M1’.
Each float tip has its respective weight printed at the joint.

I’ve checked Google as best I could, but zilch. Would like a reel recommendation ideally. Thank you for reading. 😎
Hi Banksie, I have a few of these in various sizes, Shimano Stradic GTM RC Reel | Angling Direct . The 4000 would match up with that rod quite nicely, reels are amazingly smooth, I'm sure the reels I have will outlive me.

Banksie

The reel seat on this rod has a very steep angle. I tried my Mitchell 300a and the spool centreline pointed to less than two thirds from the front of the handle to the first (butt) ring. In other words, it looked bloody weird. Though, in the other hand, my centre-pin fits lovely, so maybe that’s a cue !
I know Berkeley is American and they mostly make bait and lure rods. Maybe this seat was an oversight that was lost in translation. A problem, but not overcomeable. (a new word) 😎

Hardrar

It’s Berkley not Berkeley- I collect their kit- I tend to use original Shimano 4000 size Baitrunner or Biomaster 3000. Also original Abu 505/6 and Daiwa 125

Banksie

It’s Berkley not Berkeley- I collect their kit- I tend to use original Shimano 4000 size Baitrunner or Biomaster 3000. Also original Abu 505/6 and Daiwa 125
I should’ve asked, do you, or does anyone else here, have a source regarding similar Berkley rods, possibly old reviews, etc? Anything really, as I’ve had no results - just a similar rod for sale on eBay, and Berkley’s main site showing spin and lure rods. Thanks again for the pointer.

Hardrar

I have mainly game kit, there wasn’t the advertising promo stuff back then, catalogues etc like today. I remember Berkley used to advertise their “Bionix” range of rods in some of the mags in the 80s
If I find anything I’ll let you know.

Latest posts