best net magnet system

mac 10

Tried a few magnets and can't seem to get away with them.

I'm moving away from magnets and I've just ordered an Orvis Net Retractor and an Orvis Staff retractor for my wading staff.

You might get some feedback from others on these as a different option instead of magnets.

Regards,

Nick.

campsiefisher

Best one I ever used was from an ex trade member on here SKB, you could tow a landrover with them :p

Maybe some forum member will have one still laying around.

Best regards
Jim

geenomad

I have used C +F design ones. but is there a stronger mexa magnet system, got a bigger net?

My wading net is a McLean short handle with scales like this one. Bought their magnetic net release as well because of its relative strength. Neither were cheap but both are excellent.

Walking through the shrubbery as I am wont to do, it has yet to pull the clip apart.

Cheers
Mark

PaulD

benisa

Have tried loads found the strongest was the greys one as it has a larger magnet
great with the telephone cord

skinner

I use these together...
And

Magnet is really strong and this set up works good.
Also the Orvis Retractor is good.

Overmiwadrers

I dont bother with a magnetic one any more. Not reliable enough and a pain to hook back up after fishing. I Use a GEAR KEEPER retractor for mine . I have tried most the retractor brands for nets wading staffs and even a titchy one for my camera and the Gear Keeper ones far superior . Chord plenty long enough even if it fastened high up on your back...

O M W

wobbly face

I've used quite a few. C&F, Greys, SKB and some unbranded. SKB the best out of those I've used but I did snap the lanyard (coil cord) after getting snagged, the net did pull away from the magnet. The cord I ended up just knotting and it's still like that now.

Mrtrout

I bought one of these which I mounted with the net bag facing upwards. Really excellent.

The Sunshine Fishing ones are excellent that’s what I use.
S.

icejohn

Magnets well some simple facts.

Magnets come in different sizes and strengths brand is pretty much irrelevant as I order from China. So basic ones for small landing nets are 7lb or 3kg

The stronger ones are rated at 5kg or 10lb.

So that why some feel avg and others stronger. So for faster water rivers the 10lb does the biz for me. Bit of yank on the fly jacket but net stays attached in fast water. (Like half hanging in)

kreid

Hardrar

I made my own 20+ years ago with a 10 kg ish magnet and green olive wood and brass fittings, very light and don’t have to fiddle reconnecting as it “pulls” together from 4/5 inches away. The metal ones are no good as they Eventually damage the nets’ frame or handle depending which way up you attach it and look garbage.
I use a slim bungee cord on the handle swivel attached to my jacket, used it on every thing from a 12 inch bamboo net to a large Gye never pulled off once in all those years.
The US guides used to make their own and the mass market manufacturing cottoned on to this. Really really easy to make with a few basic skills, have often said I should go into selling them, but when the cheap Far Eastern ones are so cheap would anglers pay £30/40 or more for a handmade exotic wood one?