Best waders and boots

Sucram3

Hi all, my 20 year old simms waders and boots have come to the end of their life so i was wondering if anyone could recommend the best boot and wader I coukd get, I dont think I can stretch to the Simms anymore as the budget is under £500, any suggestions appreciated for good quality for a reasonable price

Sucram3

Thanks guys, I was hoping there was something close to Simms qaulity without the price tag, although my pair lasted a long time

mike fox

Orvis Pro (5 layer) are £499 but if you can get one of their Orvis Days vouchers you could get £75 off as I did. The Pro boots are good as well.

daniport

I havent seen the pro waders but I am very impressed with their pro boots. I have the now discontinued Silver Sonic Orvis waders and they are great!

mackiia1

Vision Ikons if you can get them - My pair from Diver Dave lasted 5 years totally waterproof - even now they are fine for short sessions - they get a wee bit damp around the crotch if I am in the water for a long time. I think I paid 150 Euro at the time.
I replaced them with the Vision Koski from Diver Dave early this year - only worn them a few times but no problems so far.

Sucram3

The Ikons seem good value, I just read a review on the Orvis pro and no leaks after 100 trips, but the only negative seemed to be the material was quite stiff and inflexible.

andygrey

The Ikons seem good value, I just read a review on the Orvis pro and no leaks after 100 trips, but the only negative seemed to be the material was quite stiff and inflexible.
Ikons are IMHO the best waders that you can currently buy and one they have been 'Diver Daved' even more durable.

mrnotherone

20 years old !! That Sir, has been value for money.

I like Taimen waders. 6 layer material on the bottom half, hard wearing and good value.

Mrtrout

Just bought the new Vision Koskis, they appear great with the new T zip.
My last ones were the Ikons, had five seasons out of them,no leaks yet but the zip has jammed halfway up, still perfectly useable though.
S.