Best wading boots sub 100£

pati

Hi

Any idea/opinion on what boots to buy within a 100£ budget and/or what to avoid?
My greys didn’t impress me (destroyed very quickly ) so I ll probably stay away from these!

Thanks

jaybeegee

My current pair are Taimen, recommended by a few forum members and about £120. I've used them all season with little sign of wear and they give good support and grip. A different class to Grey's CTXs .:eek:hno:
Brendan

lipslicker

I recently discovered Bestard Canyon Guides, and will definitely be getting them again. Really impressed with them.
Slightly over your budget though, but worth it if you can find a deal?

speytime

I don't know what the difference is between the guidline laxa and altas I've a pair of altas and they are good boots neoprene lined so comfy they're light(600g) and solidly built a steal at £60 I paid £150 for a pair. (older model)

Al

lipslicker

I too would be looking at canyoneering boots from 5 Ten and several others.

Had the Five Tens, a few pairs, and can tell you these Bestard ones are in a completely different league.
In built gravel gaurd, more comfortable and infinitely better made. No delamination of soles, and no holes appearing in the uppers (that Five Ten mesh was shocking for that).
Really excellent.

pati

Yes I’ve read a lot about the bestard, I’ve read they are indestructible in the water but long approach walks quickly get the better of them, can you tell us your experience with that?

Those Laxa/Alta sure look attractive on the sales price but can’t find much feedback on their longevity plus seen a pair on eBay with the mention “only used a few time, sole professionally reglued” so I m a bit wary of those “too good to be true” deals

delray

I recently discovered Bestard Canyon Guides, and will definitely be getting them again. Really impressed with them.
Slightly over your budget though, but worth it if you can find a deal?

Hi Lipslicker; what size do you need to accommodate the neoprene feet on your waders?
Cheers, Del