Beware of FB seller not honoring a deal

AndrewL

A person going under the name of John Blair has taken me for a ride via the FB group Fly Fishing Items FORSALE or free and Wanted England Ireland Scotland Wales

Msg. me if you want to know more.

Wee Jimmy

After a conversation with Andrew I was fearing the worst but my cape turned up this afternoon.

rosshouse

Wee Jimmy, you are one of the lucky ones. The "person" we are talking about is ex member JP fae Law. He is banned off this forum and almost every other. A very nasty dishonest piece of work, check his history on here.

Wee Jimmy

What name did he use on here before his ban rosshouse.Theres been a few dodgy dealers in my time time on the forum.

rosshouse

I"m certain it was JP Fae Law. He was also banned from the Salmon Fishing forum under the same name. River Clyde Fishing forum, banned, he is banned from fishing the Clyde, the Kelvin and god knows where else, he has had various facebook sites closed, his latest is Poaching The Clyde and Kelvin. I"ve had first hand dealings with him, I could go on and on. If you want any personal info on him PM me.

AndrewL

I bought a nymph rod from him which he did deliver, albeit not very quickly. However, he also took £100 off me for a reel and line which he never sent. Totally blanked me ever since. Vermin!

speytime

I bought a nymph rod from him which he did deliver, albeit not very quickly. However, he also took £100 off me for a reel and line which he never sent. Totally blanked me ever since. Vermin!
Sorry to hear that Andrew, I'm not familiar with fb but I'd have thought paypal would cover you in such circumstances?

Cheers Al

AndrewL

Yes, with hindsight Paypal would have been the prudent way to deal. Unfortunately, he duped me with his convincing on-line style of chat that he was an honourable angler selling fly tackle. Lesson learnt for me and hope by advising others he will disappear into the ether by being banned everywhere. If I lived near him I'd have paid him a personal visit as I have his address in Scotland.

suzzy buzzer

I’ve seen his name associated with several incidents on FB, but they all seemed to eventually come good in the end.

rosshouse

Yes, with hindsight Paypal would have been the prudent way to deal. Unfortunately, he duped me with his convincing on-line style of chat that he was an honourable angler selling fly tackle. Lesson learnt for me and hope by advising others he will disappear into the ether by being banned everywhere. If I lived near him I'd have paid him a personal visit as I have his address in Scotland.
Andrew , he no longer lives at the address you have, he upset the wrong people and was run out of Law big time. the last I heard of him he was "homeless", a few days at his old mother"s and a few days else where, but still scamming people.

Latest posts