BEYOND THE BRIDGE: A celebration of a year on my home river.

shropshire_lad

Nick, what a truly stunning piece of work!

I watched it on my iMac screen with the sound playing via a high quality headphone system. Everything about it was faultless. The audio over the headphones was particularly spectacular - three dimensional - I was there on the bank with you.

I have seen some lovely films made by folk on here but that is a cut above.

My daughter has been studying in Cardiff and it has given me a chance to get to know the place a bit. I have walked the Taff through Bute Park a fair bit and have ridden the Taff Trail from Cardiff to Caerphilly on several occasions. I have spotted shoals of mullet in the tidal reaches and know from watching Will Millard that salmon have returned. Otherwise, I found myself gazing at the river and wondering what else is in there.

Truly spectacular - thanks so much for sharing (y)

nickthomas

Nick, what a truly stunning piece of work!

I watched it on my iMac screen with the sound playing via a high quality headphone system. Everything about it was faultless. The audio over the headphones was particularly spectacular - three dimensional - I was there on the bank with you.

I have seen some lovely films made by folk on here but that is a cut above.

My daughter has been studying in Cardiff and it has given me a chance to get to know the place a bit. I have walked the Taff through Bute Park a fair bit and have ridden the Taff Trail from Cardiff to Caerphilly on several occasions. I have spotted shoals of mullet in the tidal reaches and know from watching Will Millard that salmon have returned. Otherwise, I found myself gazing at the river and wondering what else is in there.

Truly spectacular - thanks so much for sharing (y)
Thank you, it all looks a bit different now after the flooding, but it will return to normal in time. Cheers, Nick.

shropshire_lad

What a beautiful film to watch on a cold dreich February day. Loved the poem. Did you write that?

Very enjoyable, I'll watch it again soon.

Douglas

Thanks Douglas, I now have a new word in my vocabulary - "dreich" :) However, being a Sasanach I'll no doubt get the pronunciation wrong!

Likewise, I thought the poem was excellent (y)

sofasurfer

Great piece of work, I remember the title from the Autumn edition of Fly Culture magazine. The Winter sequence made me shiver :)

lukewarm

Will look forward to watching that tonight Nick , if it’s anything like previous films it’ll be worth watching ;)
Is your ‘bridge’ still there? , you city slickers certainly had a fair ole’ flood at the weekend . It was’nt good here but compared to you!

nickthomas

Will look forward to watching that tonight Nick , if it’s anything like previous films it’ll be worth watching ;)
Is your ‘bridge’ still there? , you city slickers certainly had a fair ole’ flood at the weekend . It was’nt good here but compared to you!
Hope you enjoy it. The bridge is still there - the Victorians knew how to build railway bridges to last. The path underneath, which features in the film is looking a bit worse for wear though...
path.jpg

Reg Wyatt

Very nice film. Personal choice but the beautiful natural sounds you captured were slightly masked by the music - as nice as the music was! Just a personal choice.
Great watch thank you.

Reg Wyatt

Rod44

Absolute quality , im now feeling so chilled after immersing myself in that , thanks for sharing . I should be on the Neath this year as im right by it , but would like to hop over for a look at the Taff some time . Lovely poem too ...cheers .

DaveM

What a privilege to watch such a lovely film with no narrative, just the soothing music and fantastic scenery.
Many thanks for that, shall watch it a few more times I think.

Dave

Latest posts