Bird of the day

GEK79

Just been watching a pair of red kites patrolling over the gardens, we are four miles from the city centre. The Harewood breeding programme has been an outstanding success.
B
Very lucky fantastic birds..

Cap'n Fishy

We take a glass of Shiraz up by our pond and listen to a Blackbird serenade the passing of a nice day.
Definite bird of the day.
A good blackbird is hard to beat. I think it doesn't get the respect it deserves because it is such a common bird, but when you have a good one, they are like the Al Green of birds. You get a lot of variation in them - don't know if it comes with age or what, but I had one a few years ago that stood out as just so much more soulful than most. 😜 I still miss him.

4wings

He just pours out those beautiful liquid notes, he seems to have taken to our Rowan tree.

codyarrow

Just thought it was another mundane day with curlews

IMG_0836 (2).JPG
Then to my amazement I find Don King in the back garden.
IMG_0771 (2).JPG
Give it a wee stroke, looked at my hand and found I only had three fingers left. :)

Vermontdrifter

Saw a Green woodpecker, a few kites and two kestrel on my post work hike through the woods and fields. A roe deer as well but that doesn’t count!

noel

Went to my fishery today for the 1st time since September and I could hear a cuckoo calling all day .

gwyndavies

7P1020784.JPGP1020774.JPGP1020768.JPG

Some of the birds that are feeding in our garden at the moment, the woodpeckers parents seem to have one youngster each and showing them where to get an easy meal.
The blue tits on the other hand have many young and make multiple trips from feeder to the shrubbery.

4wings

Quiet here on the bird front but next door has a pair of Jackdaws and youngsters in their eaves.
Mrs Jackdaw talks to me when I walk past, a soft churring noise as she watches me go by.
I do feed them if the weather is bad, its nice to hear the babies go quiet when they are sated (temporarily) There used to be two pairs year after year but one lot of eaves were repaired