Bird of the day

4wings

More Jackdaws these fledged this morning and love our cat, they even tried to follow him inside, as well as all around the garden, under the porch, in the pond, explorers one and all. Sorry not fledglings but adults looking for a lost fledgling which I found up by the pond later.
P1010132 just fledged 02 rodders.jpgP1010135 just fledged rodders.jpgP1010138 just fledged 01 rodders.jpgP1010152 just fledged rodders.jpg

Last edited:

Cap'n Fishy

Why don't owls mate when it's raining?
Because it's too wet to woo!

Likewise, coat... 🤭

4wings

A young Magpie alighted on the bird table and was so overwhelmed with the food abundance that it just hopped around indecisively until a small moth fluttered across the lawn.
That was it flew after it, hopping, stall fluttering, all the while calling in juvenile magpie. It was really enjoying itself!

glueman

Yesterday whilst walking could see a Magpie being mobbed by a pair of Blackbirds and chicks, When i got to where they had been there was a half dead chick with its eyes pecked out. Magpies need thinning out as there are too many of them

williegunn

IMG_6662.jpg
This one bumped her head on the window this morning but seemed to recover after about 10 minutes, then sat in the sun for another ten minutes before flying off.

Cap'n Fishy

If we are allowed to have 'birds and bees' of the day... 🤭

Easing myself out of lockdown, I took the camera for a walk round the cycle path the last couple of days. Plenty birdsong, but now all the leaves are on the trees, you can't see them! Had a chiffchaff right beside me, chiffing and chaffing its head off. Couldn't get a glimpse of him.

So, I had a go (with the long lens) at the bees that were giving it six-nowt on the patch of meadow cranesbill on one of the 'urban wilding' patches. It's more tree bumblebees than our native ones these days, but I guess we are pleased to have them and doing so well?

I was trying to hit them with the autofocus when they were in the air, but the problem was that they disappear out of the viewfinder (all the below at 560 mm) as soon as they take off, and by the time I got them back in I was too late.

Col

hutch6

No pic as I’ve been driving every time but there is a juvenile sea eagle knocking about in my area.
Just driven passed it as it drifted about 50ft above the car. Seen it before and couldn’t workout what it was due to distance but the splayed feathers on the wing tip gave the game away it wasn’t a buzzard. Today’s sighting has confirmed it is definitely a young sea eagle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

video never showed?So this is what flew in and took a young sparrow,so quick and great to watch.DSCN8339.jpg

Last edited: