Bird of the day

ohanzee

Why? Were they pet hares?

Similar to the pigeon, the mother hare gave birth in one of my barns and the leverets were half tame around the house, mother hares leave them for extended lengths of time and turn up just before dark to feed them, one night she was late and they came out looking for her, coincided with the owl coming out and it came straight for one of them, I chased it off with a brush, took two swoops at it right in front of me.

ohanzee

looks very much like a homing pigeon or a cross with one has it got an ID on its wing

Its not long out of the nest, which would have been in one of the old farm buildings that they are rebuilding.

ohanzee

Think it might be more to do with the equipment, rather than the skill!
regards
Bert

Iphone 4, scratched and worn to a patina over the camera, and I'm also rubbish at getting it to work.

hutch6

Similar to the pigeon, the mother hare gave birth in one of my barns and the leverets were half tame around the house, mother hares leave them for extended lengths of time and turn up just before dark to feed them, one night she was late and they came out looking for her, coincided with the owl coming out and it came straight for one of them, I chased it off with a brush, took two swoops at it right in front of me.

I love hates. They truly are the wild for me even though they’re not native.
Something about looking into the eye of a hare.

Cap'n Fishy

Something about looking into the eye of a hare.

Oops!

ohanzee

I'm declaring Percy the bird of the day, it seems only about a week ago that I found him wet and near dead and yesterday after walking him out to clean the mess he's made, he suddenly just flew, hung around up on the gutter for a bit then flew to another building, didn't come back last night but appeared this morning for breakfast, job done. (y)

ohanzee

A worthy update, I thought so anyway, Percy flew up to the highest roof today and sat for a bit, some pigeons came by and circled back landing on another roof, some head bobbing went on and then all but two of the pigeons flew off, one of the two remaining flapped and hovered for a moment before flying down to the ground and Percy followed 'her', I say 'her' because she was the bigger of the two and had a white back..same as..you guessed it...Percy, the other followed and they did a bit of bobbing and bonding.....reunited family or just coincidence? don't know but they left and came back a moment ago..Percy is the small one fourth from the left......

IMG_2042.JPG

boorod

Would agree on a juvenile Linnet more than a Redpoll, Twite usually come down from the high ground during the winter months, they are more heavily streaked blackish above and below with unmarked buff throat, bills grey in summer turns yellow in winter. (y)

williegunn

Cant be sure but there was a very big raptor over highbury this afternoon ,think probably an osprey heading south for the winter.

Sea eagle perhaps?

There is a site where you can track them but i cannot find it.

easker1

Unable to get a pic of the Goldcrest in the tree at the back of our house, very mobile. easker1

Latest posts