Bird of the day

ohanzee

At 3 o'clock, in the middle of the afternoon??? :unsure:
I think they are just triggered by lack of daylight, light levels in Scotland this time of year are summer time evening darkness.

Or maybe it was just hungry.

Cap'n Fishy

Or maybe it was just hungry.
I think that is more likely. Winter hibernation approaching and needing to put on fat reserves... and the abject lack of insects to do it with... requiring he puts in some overtime...

Cap'n Fishy

Took a walk round the city cycle path yesterday with the camera, looking for autumn colours. Passed a spot where folk put food for birds on a cemetary wall. It is usually patrolled by an extended family of crows. They were away somewhere yesterday and unusually it was a pair of magpies that were in charge of the 'food wall'. Unfortunately for photography, it is in deep shade at the best of times, never mind at 4:00 p.m. on an overcast day in mid October. I went for 1/250 sec, which gave me ISO values between 5000 and 16000, with most at 8000. So, a bit noisy...

They've got all crumbs on their faces from lying the sides of their heads against the wall and scraping at the remnants of food.

C.

gwyndavies

P1020914.JPGP1020905.JPGP1020901.JPGP1020890.JPGP1020884.JPG
Lots of activity on our feeders as the temperatures start to drop, Sunflower hearts definitely the favourites at the moment

Latest posts