Black friday 21

Lewis Chessman

Aye, Jim, slim pickin's indeed.
I was thinking on it earlier - possibly a reflection on how stretched for profit many companies consider themselves right now.
Almost all the wading boots I've seen reduced have either been in tiny or clown feet sizes. That's not uncommon at this time of year of course, but this year does seem especially dour for true bargains.
A member (forgive me, I forget who) linked to Farlow's sale the other day but that's the only one I've seen with significant reductions so far.

I did have a think earlier, though. I'm considering replacing my very basic mobile but don't want to spend more than £70 'cos I'm sure I'll drop the bugger in the river one day.
Well, even the best offers I see in that price range are from c.2016 and Android 6, so not great by today's standards - and I reckon that price difference between old stock/tech prices v. contempory models will remain pretty constant, i.e. next year's sales in the £70 range will feature over-stocked c.2017 model mobiles with, say, Android 7 - getting a true bargain just isn't going to happen.
I'm sure I'm not alone in disliking 'mobile culture' and I resent spending good money on the damned thing so, if I'm going to, well, I wants me monies worth!
Don't think I'm gonna get it, though.

The Endrick Spider

Ok .how many managed to resist the urge to spend on the weekend.Poor discounts.

Jim
I for one never gave Black Friday a second thought. In my younger days I had to come through life learning how to make do with what we had, something that has carried on in later life. My TV, a lot of my furniture and my phone have all been handed down from relations, all because they wanted to move on, they had to keep inline with other people just to look good. I have had, and am still having, years and years of good use out of these hand me downs that have came from other people. This is because things move on therefore these became items that were no longer good enough for them so rather than throw them away they give them to me. There has been many a time where I have had to refuse things because I am still making good use of the things that I have previously been given. As I have said many times in my posts, I can make use of anything.
At the time of writing there are 3 TV's in the house that were handed down and they all work perfectly. One of these is just sitting gathering dust, kept as a standby just in case anything happens to the other two. Should anything go wrong with any of them they will be broken up and bit by bit taken away by the bin men but not before it has been stripped of its fine copper wire for fly tying.
As I have said before, I live a stress free life, it is of little interest to me what people think of me. It will take my wife nearly an hour to get ready just to go down to the shops. If it is me that is going, whether I have just came down off the hills with the dogs or just came out the pigeon loft, I will go down in whatever it is that I am wearing at the time. As far as I am concerned they can have a Black Friday every week for it is of little interest to me. I will just bide my time and see what turns up, As Sea Sick Steve once said, 'I came into this world with nothing and I have still got most of it left'.

sean freeman

I’ve resisted fishing tackle over Black Friday but did get a few gifts for people (and myself). In all honesty I thought most of the tackle companies were just discounting the stuff they couldn’t shift anyway.

I’ve been hovering over the buy button on one of those VR fly reels though. Plus Sandy has a Steffen blank ready for me, I feel like I need tackle tart therapy sometimes.

beetlebum

I’ve resisted fishing tackle over Black Friday but did get a few gifts for people (and myself). In all honesty I thought most of the tackle companies were just discounting the stuff they couldn’t shift anyway.

I’ve been hovering over the buy button on one of those VR fly reels though. Plus Sandy has a Steffen blank ready for me, I feel like I need tackle tart therapy sometimes.
Admitting you have a problem is the first part of your rehabilitation Sean🤣

beetlebum

I’ve convinced myself I need the Steffen, it’s a 7’ 5/6 so will be ideal as a small streamer rod on tighter urban rivers and overgrown places.

Or maybe I just want it 🤷😂
You don't have to justify yourself to us Sean...I want to see pics when you get it though😎

Latest posts