Blencarn Lake, Cumbria

TroutAtlas

Full Satellite Image and Map (Google)

noel

Any up to date info would be welcome as it's 90mins from home is it worth the visit.

davee3

Fished Blencarn yesterday (3:30 - 8:30). One other person there who packed in at 5:00. Overcast until 7ish when sun came through a bit. Warm wind.
Had interest straight away on small damsel. Fish were feeding hard and for several hours had some really interesting fishing catching on said damsel; grey klinkhammer; grey buzzer and black shipmans.
Turned a bit quieter when sun came out but last hour and a half was hectic again. Caenis hatch brought every fish onto the feed. Succeeded in fooling a few fish on white hackled pennel just below the surface.

There seemed to be a lot of stockie sized fish and had nothing of the usual better quality of fish I normally get there. I noticed that the stock ponds had been drained and assumed all fish had been put in??

Anyway - really good session (12 fished landed - many missed / lost)

Note for next few weeks - blanket week is beginning to show. Don't be put off. In the past I have had excellent sport dropping bloodworms in the gaps to feeding trout. Just make sure you use a single fly!!

rads

Hi All,
fished Blencarn on a weeks break in the Penrith area,
good fishing caught 4 on a cats whisker, others catching on dries, good value £10 for 5hrs C+R

rads

sorry for the late post , just back from fishing Langley dam, they have a problem with there fish paid £5 as there may not be anything in , but I still caught 3 on a conset budgie and my pal bagged 1 on a cats,

I fished blencarn on Monday 29th and Tuesday 30th of oct , paid my money at the cottage the lady just said have a good days fish , we were not the only ones on the lake.