Booked a Lesson at Chew

BrownieBasher

Chew's a fabulous place. If you don't hook up, don't be despondent its a large sheet of water and can be daunting.! - once you're casting a few yards, have a think about trying a smaller Stillwater. They're typically more heavily stocked, and more regularly. they can still offer a challenge, but may be easier on the newer fisher..!

arkle

Hopefully you'll have a great time & make it a "lifetime" fishery, I did, back in the 70's & although it's almost always a challenge - but when it all go's right it does so in busket loads, JCB sized ones !

Lewis Chessman

Sorry to hear this, 4wings, you must be very disappointed.
There are lots of good videos on YouTube if you've got an itch you can't scratch. I like Jim Green's 'Secrets of Fly Fishing'.

Although it's appearance is dated, Jim Green really did know his stuff and I think explains his casting style very clearly. There are so many to choose from, just surf around until you find one which 'speaks to you'. Grass casting isn't ideal but it's better than nothing if you can get out to a garden or park. Just learning to false cast smoothly is a step in the right direction and you'll find the whole thing easier and more effective when you do manage to get to some water.

JobberDun

Unfortunately I had a phone call today, Cancelling the lesson due to the current virus problem.
Fully understandable in this current climate. But, once everything is back to normal, you can rebook your lesson, and they will be happy for your business.

4wings

Sorry to hear this, 4wings, you must be very disappointed.
There are lots of good videos on YouTube if you've got an itch you can't scratch. I like Jim Green's 'Secrets of Fly Fishing'.

Although it's appearance is dated, Jim Green really did know his stuff and I think explains his casting style very clearly. There are so many to choose from, just surf around until you find one which 'speaks to you'. Grass casting isn't ideal but it's better than nothing if you can get out to a garden or park. Just learning to false cast smoothly is a step in the right direction and you'll find the whole thing easier and more effective when you do manage to get to some water.
Thanks For the casting lesson!

Latest posts