Bremain/Brexit effect on your rivers and fish

Guest666

Banned
Banned
I genuinely wish you good luck in your attempts to lobby the EU commissioners to change the fisheries policy to protect the Teifi sewin stock.

Last edited:
G

guest54

It seems there's a petition to cancel the referendum in the wake of recent tragic events.

diawl bach

I genuinely wish you good luck in your attempts to lobby the EU commissioners to change the fisheries policy to protect the Teifi sewin stock.

Naturally that recourse won't be open should we leave the EU.

diawl bach

I had gathered you were referring to territorial waters but I still don't get the point.

ohanzee

Negotiated agreements are still negotiated agreements, leaving the EU doesn't automatically change a thing, they would need renegotiated, what is important is whether being in or out puts you in the best position to negotiate.

I personally feel once out it would be harder to strike better deals.

washington

You will perhaps remember ohanzee that a day or two ago Dingbat and I had an exchange re Switzerland's final announcement that it no longer wanted to be considered as a potential member of the EEC ,now the E.U. At the time {1992} Christopher Blocher was active in the move to limit Swiss integration. The same Christopher Blocher has recently said that Great Britain would be able to get much better deals than Switzerland ever got. One of the frequently repeated claims is that Switzerland has to abide by E.U. regs without any power to moderate those regs as to the effect on the Swiss economy. Either way this doesn't seem to have had much influence on the Swiss economy. Last year the gross domestic product per capita for Switzerland was $80,675 . For Great britain it was $43,771.

During my exchange with Dingbat I was taken to task because I refered to the "upper house" and "lower house" and this was apparently wrong, even though newspapers seem to repeatedly use that description. I think the respective houses are the Council of States and the Parliamentarians but we had fallen into the trap of descending into the semantics and minutae of the argument.

There is only one question to ask oneself on polling day and that is "do I want my country to manage its own affairs?"

Paul G

Pro Member
A way back in this thread a version of the question "What have the WTT ever done for us" was asked. Here is a very short (5min) recap of the Director's report this year (summer 2015 - 2016). I've put it below just for info.

Spread of works last year was from Somerset to Borders of Scotland:

[ame]https://youtu.be/cqMGMHzGSMY[/ame]

G

guest54

Speculation, speculation, speculation. When will people understand that nothing is going to change. The politicians don't want it, we won't get it.
They will sit on it for decades, even if it were 90% in favour of leaving the E.U.
Protection of the environment will stay much the same with polluters being effectively let off with small fines and the tax payer footing the bill for the clean up.

One of my earlier posts on this thread. No egg on this face.....yet.:rolleyes:

ohanzee

One of my earlier posts on this thread. No egg on this face.....yet.:rolleyes:

Things have already begun to change for me, diesel has risen, if it continues to rise next season will be fishing closer to home.

My eye is on mortgage rates now, that will impact on what I spend on holiday times when I fish most.

G

guest54

Things have already begun to change for me, diesel has risen, if it continues to rise next season will be fishing closer to home.

My eye is on mortgage rates now, that will impact on what I spend on holiday times when I fish most.

Not to worry, things will settle down soon enough and then we'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

ohanzee

Not to worry, things will settle down soon enough and then we'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

You may have financial security beyond worry, and I will be just fine but slightly skinter, but be wary of patronising those that could be hit very hard by this.

G

guest54

You may have financial security beyond worry, and I will be just fine but slightly skinter, but be wary of patronising those that could be hit very hard by this.

Security? 16years as a full time care on £93/week, almost a year unemployed on £73/ week, scrounging in the hedgerows for additions to my diet, thank god for my family. Security?, I should be so lucky.

ohanzee

Security? 16years as a full time care on £93/week, almost a year unemployed on £73/ week, scrounging in the hedgerows for additions to my diet, thank god for my family. Security?, I should be so lucky.

Then you maybe amongst the hardest hit.