Brilliant TV

wobbly face

It was excellent Jim. Very informative, well presented and very good footage. I don't know if those in charge will act on points raised over problems facing the Tay (and other rivers) and it's wildlife. I was surprised at the lack of life in Loch Tay, I thought there would have been something. I've got mixed feeling over the rearing of the salmon, I know it's needed but somehow!!!! I much prefer things to be more natural. I liked the in depth look into algae etc. (y)

jbe3

Thanks for the reminder Jim. Enjoyed the programme, beautiful system with lots of beats I have fished especially Loch Tay and Glendelvine. Still enjoy fishing there although catches nothing like in years past.

taffy1

A river I would dearly loved to have fished in its hey-day. It's certainly a positive that there are boots on the ground that are bending over backwards to help in resurrecting a famous river. I sincerely hope it happens, not only there but in many other great rivers throughout our island.

JoeOh

Great tv...good job BBC social engineering dept did not get invoved for a change.
Yes, I had to double check that it actually was a BPC, sorry BBC programme.
Earlier, Freeview had four hour long shows on Britain's great rivers, not too much on the fishing side but a great way to kill a lockdown afternoon.

Cap'n Fishy

Great stuff !
The narrator, Helen MacDonald, is a falconer and was also in a program a while back that followed her training a Goshawk.

Yeh - I spotted that when she commented on being a falconer, and remembered her programme on training her new goshawk - also a good watch.

Just watched the prog. Really enjoyed it. (y)

Col

Cap'n Fishy

By the way - hands up who spotted the leaping salmon footage was shot at Buchanty Spout on the River Almond...

It's OK - it's a tributary of the Tay. ;)