Brilliant TV

3lbgrayling

By the way - hands up who spotted the leaping salmon footage was shot at Buchanty Spout on the River Almond...

It's OK - it's a tributary of the Tay. ;)

Clocked it right away Col.

Jim

Cap'n Fishy

Clocked it right away Col.

Jim

I thought - it's the go-to spot any time they need footage of leaping salmon - and for once it is actually the Tay system. 😜

Don't know if you spotted one of those "Four seasons in Britain" type documentaries a while back... they had a series of footages from different salmon leaps for a change... but of course they included the ubiquitous Buchanty Spout... but they reversed the film - showed them leaping left to right, instead of right to left - which is the only shot you can get at Buchanty. I was trying to work out why they reversed it - it wasn't like all the other shots were going in the one direction.

I took a snap of it. Here it is...

Reverse-Buchanty_2690.jpg

Why do that??? :unsure:

Col

3lbgrayling

I thought - it's the go-to spot any time they need footage of leaping salmon - and for once it is actually the Tay system. 😜

Don't know if you spotted one of those "Four seasons in Britain" type documentaries a while back... they had a series of footages from different salmon leaps for a change... but of course they included the ubiquitous Buchanty Spout... but they reversed the film - showed them leaping left to right, instead of right to left - which is the only shot you can get at Buchanty. I was trying to work out why they reversed it - it wasn't like all the other shots were going in the one direction.

I took a snap of it. Here it is...

View attachment 32846

Why do that??? :unsure:

Col

Artistic Licence.Methinks.

Jim

smallmouth

Thanks for that heads up, I’ve just watched it on catch up, excellent television.

I noticed my wife watching with some interest, so I’m now surreptitiously researching the brown trout possibilities.......never realised there were grayling in the Tay.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Thanks for that heads up, I’ve just watched it on catch up, excellent television.

I noticed my wife watching with some interest, so I’m now surreptitiously researching the brown trout possibilities.......never realised there were grayling in the Tay.
Hundreds of grayling, dependant on the grayling "cycle" of course.
Best place historically for the lady of the stream is the Tummel, however.
Bert

Latest posts