Broken top section

Harveydent

Hi.
New member to the forum but thought this would be an ideal place to start.
I have an airflo airlite 10’ and the top section has broken. Is there anywhere to get it replaced or do I need to shop around for a new one?

Harveydent

Thanks guys. I doubt it is a current model. Must be about 4 years old maybe older.
I did see an old post on here about fishtec but a search online showed that they were closing down earlier this year.
I’ll maybe try and contact airflo tomorrow though. See what they say.

Harveydent

I’ve contacted airflo directly and they don’t carry it anymore and don’t have the section in stock. They were good enough to offer me a good discount on a couple of rods. The V2 and the superstik. Looks like it’s for the bin if I don’t come up with something.

jaybeegee

Welcome to the forum Harveydent. Can you repair the broken section? A while back one of the members, easker1, posted the tip below, I used it to fix a brook rod successfully and I know others have used the method. Good luck.

Rod tip snap

I have done a repair with a Darning needle super glued into the tip and then whipped over and varnished , I did it for a pal and he is still using the rod, easker1

B

Harveydent

Thanks for that. The broken bit is missing. Suspect it got tidied up as a piece of rubbish.
I’ll maybe see if anyone is selling a section. Long shot I know.

good thing is if anyone wants a deal on a new airflo airlite v2 or superstik I’m your guy. Haha

arkle

You may find a rod going for sale cheaply on ebay, or one of the larger dealer in s/h rods but don't hold your breath... & welcome along

Latest posts