Brute of a brown

danielp

Broke my PB river brown by a fair bit with this brute.

Apologies for the terrible pics but I was on my own in the dark and was more worried about the fishes welfare than the pics.

For those who were asking about the weight it is 6lb 2oz

Dan

Last edited:

Vermontdrifter

Incredible fish! Looks more like something out of a New Zealand stream than the U.K., you're going to be remembering that one for a long time!

Terry

danielp

****! That's a beast alright!

I'm assuming your river is stocked???
It is not a stocked fish, the river in question is a well kept secret and it will stay that way lol.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Beautiful fish. On a dry?
I have tried the dry over him a couple of times before and he was having none of it, hung a size 18 PT below a klink and he slammed it first time.

ferral

Flip me Dan that looks like a crocodile not a trout. What a beast! Well done, fantastic achievement!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Any idea of the weight - not that it matters of course but out of interest

bertberg

I think there are a fair number of rivers in the UK with wild fish like that, and some are not so secret. :cool:

danielp

I would say 6-7 pounds?
Very good guess, he was 6lbs 2oz.

Rookstorm: The reason for the river being kept a secret is the incredible density of people we have living in this country. Can you imagine what would happen to a river if people knew there were a few fish like this in it? We cannot all live in the middle of nowhere unfortunately.

rookstorm

Pro Member
Not really that a good fish then, it could be from any corner of the planet, we only have to take your word for it ,new Zealand and other countries have them like that ,the clyde has a few as well ,oh s,,,,t ive let it out the bag :eek:mg::D:D