Brute of a brown

kituza

Super fish - must have been jelly-leg time when you hooked it!

Only problem now is, if that's the PB, what next....? :eek:mg:

Sorry .... :whistle:

THE ROOK

Cracker!!!

And well done not to name the river...

It might drive some people on here daft, but its the way to go...:D:D:D

Wilkie

onkitonkman

It is not a stocked fish, the river in question is a well kept secret and it will stay that way lol.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

I have tried the dry over him a couple of times before and he was having none of it, hung a size 18 PT below a klink and he slammed it first time.

Superb specimen, well done. As a relative newcomer, what's 18pt below a klink? Cheers.

the outlaw

Well done on a superb wild broonie. It's a beauty.

But a bigger well done for not revealing an iota of information on it's location. Anyone worth letting in on it wouldn't ask in the first place.

All the best
Billy

Clunk

Not really that a good fish then, it could be from any corner of the planet, we only have to take your word for it ,new Zealand and other countries have them like that ,the clyde has a few as well ,oh s,,,,t ive let it out the bag :eek:mg::D:D

Are you just naturally dumb or do you need to sit some sort of instructor exam to achieve it ?

danielp

Superb specimen, well done. As a relative newcomer, what's 18pt below a klink? Cheers.

It means I fished a size 18 (2mm tungsten bead) pheasant tail nymph as the point fly with a klinkhammer as a dropper (attached New Zealand style). The klinkhammer acts like a bite indicator dipping under when the fish takes the nymph. In this instance there was only about 12 inches between the two flies as the fish was feeding very close to the surface.

Cheers for all the comments guys, was an amazing experience and one I will remember for a long time to come no doubt. Now where is that 7lber?!

Also I noticed a few of you were guessing the weight so I have added it to the original post, not that it matters too much but the guesses were very good!

rookstorm

Pro Member
You don't need an instructors exam to be dumb on here, but to have a name like CLUNK:eek: well we will let the majority decide
Bye the way mate its a good fish, pity about the river:thumbs:

scruffyemerger

Outstanding catch!
Well done that man, no doubt you will remember it for the rest of your life,fish like that don't come along every day. :thumbs:

Latest posts