Budget fast action 7wt

tierradelfuego

There are some Beulah rods on eBay at the moment which are going for a little over £100. Although not well known in the UK, they have a good following in the US, and I have the 7 and 8 weights, and cannot fault them. Also come with a spare tip which is useful for some :whistle:

Edit: sorry noticed you are in presumably still SA, so maybe it was more of a general question you asked...

Last edited:

leeren666

Had a couple of Beulah rods, northern guides, if I remember correctly, strong powerful rods although maybe just a tad on the heavy side for some.

spudgun

Hey, have just brought an 9' 8# Beulah rod from eBay it weighs in just under 5 oz comes with spare tip. Was advertised at £130 or best offer. I offered £99 and the man he say yes. Brought a 9' #6 from the same man the other month. I can't say enough about the rods and the excellent eBay seller. He has a few #7 advertised but email him to find out if he has more stock and can post international.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

eds

If you are able to it would be well worth having a look at the agility 2. I've got a 10' #7 and it is very responsive and launches lines a long way. I've handled and cast with much more expensive rods and they might be a touch slimmer and lighter but apart from that I struggle to find a difference.

In fact one of the things that made me choose Shakespeare rods when I started fly fishing (apart from positive experiences of their coarse rods) was that they are all fitted with single leg rings rather than snake guides - with only one thread area they reduce any flat-spotting redundancy from the stiffer patch on the blank where thread and extra varnish have been applied. It's a hang up back to my days fishing light, coarse match rods where you could really see the difference two leg rings made near the tip.

gasjkh2

I have an Agility 2 10ft 4# and love it for dry fly and nymphing. Bargain at £30 -£40.