Budget vest/waistcoat

diawl bach

I'd imagine quite a lot's died inside you today BFB, stop torturing yourself, sit down somewhere relaxing and read a nice, soothing book

61V5Khd-NCL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
!

Rhithrogena

Hi all

I would like to purchase my first vest/waistcoat but have a budget under £50. I'm trying to find something which will last, has the required level of storage and lastly doesn't look like it's been designed by a manufacturer that doesn't know one end of a fly rod from the other! I've thought about purchasing a 'higher end' make second hand on ebay but with the covid situation I'm inclined to buy new. Any recommendations would be very welcome. Thanks
I know you said you didn't want to chance an infected 2nd hand 'vest' but I have a lightly used Airflo Outlander you can have for £25 posted. PM if interested...

arkle

I see, in the latest FF & FT (June) there's a review of a new wading waistcoat c/w built in/fold down hood, for a mere £549...

Tangled

Try Wish if you can wait a couple of weeks, I bought one of their vests last season for not much more than a tenner and it's excellent. Go for a size bigger than you need, they're notoriously undersize. Loads to choose from, just search the site.

5f87c184437ddc0731c48892-large.jpg

Well well, I have one of those exact vests, I bought it for $5 in a Hong Kong street market. I've used it for almost 10 years. It's great, got more pockets than a shop-lifter and is light. Well it used to be, it's not now, it's stuffed full of gear.

skajtrout

Well well, I have one of those exact vests, I bought it for $5 in a Hong Kong street market. I've used it for almost 10 years. It's great, got more pockets than a shop-lifter and is light. Well it used to be, it's not now, it's stuffed full of gear.

Blimey, the cost of fishing vests, eh.

Leave it...

Skaj