Butcher 4/0

tj hooker

I haven't had a go at a classic for ages though I'd see if I could manage one a Butcher at 4/0.
IMG_20210612_192746.jpg

tj hooker

Looks great Grahame considering the long break although I'm also in slacker's corner but hoping to get hold of some larger hooks soon. Talking about hooks that looks a bit like John Saxton's style. Pleased you're still hanging in there with the classic's anyway. ;)
Thanks Mark always plenty to improve on but it was nice to spend some time on a fly again I'm never going to be totally deacated to the art of full dressed flys I got a new rod to start some river fishing so have been tying for that but I also don't want to squander the skills I've learnt tying these flys which has improved my tying skills over all. Your spot on with the hook Mister Saxtons indeed luckily I got a number of hooks from him I've now got some large dee hooks that I have no idea what to put on them if you've any ideas please share lookin forward to see you return from the slackers corner lol..

wingman

Cumbria beside the field with the sheep in it.
Thanks Mark always plenty to improve on but it was nice to spend some time on a fly again I'm never going to be totally deacated to the art of full dressed flys I got a new rod to start some river fishing so have been tying for that but I also don't want to squander the skills I've learnt tying these flys which has improved my tying skills over all. Your spot on with the hook Mister Saxtons indeed luckily I got a number of hooks from him I've now got some large dee hooks that I have no idea what to put on them if you've any ideas please share lookin forward to see you return from the slackers corner lol..
Well depending on how many you've got Grahame you could always tie all 16 Spey flies from Knox's Autumn's on the Spey.:eek: Those big Dee hooks are rather intimidating though aren't they but you can sometimes tie a nice Black Dog or Black Boy, Delfur Fancy etc on them if they're not over big or one of my favourites the Glen Grant which I think I've tied about five times now. Or then there's the Dee's like the Tartan, Dunt, Tri-Colour, Gardener, Akroyd etc. Although these types of flies aren't as simple as they might look so definitely a challenge. :)