Buyers beware!

pentlandflyman

There is a guy posting fly fishing tackle and tying gear for sale on a few facebook groups using fake profiles. He is asking for payment via bank transfer and was caught out because he advertised gear another member had posted elsewhere, someone was just about to send him the cash for items. He deleted that profile but will no doubt pop up somewhere else, I know a few guys in here use Facebook groups so watch out for him.

tierradelfuego

Cheers for the tip off, not saying anything to do with it for sure, but just bought some flies off FB, made sure I paid paypal as a service, added the few extra £ as a service/goods payment to make sure I was covered in case of any issues with delivery...

Any names you can mention, even if they are made up on FB, so we know?

pentlandflyman

Cheers for the tip off, not saying anything to do with it for sure, but just bought some flies off FB, made sure I paid paypal as a service, added the few extra £ as a service/goods payment to make sure I was covered in case of any issues with delivery...

Any names you can mention, even if they are made up on FB, so we know?
The profile name was Paul Gorman, he deleted the email as soon as he got caught.