Can't decide. Help!

donnieh

Hi All,

Have the usual wading jacket but looking for a packable (I have seen the other threads) but don't want to spend a lot on something that will only be pulled out the bag on sunny days when there is a temporary downpour.

I'm a 44" chest in suit jackets etc and given many are common sizes I am leaning towards an XL as it will be thrown over gear I may already be wearing.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to these:-

Wychwood Light Waterproof Jacket

Savage Gear Salt Pack-Lite

Vass-Tex 175 Breathable Lightweight Smock

Anyone got any of these that can recommend?

Mrtrout

I have an Orvis one I bought from somebody on here years ago, it rolls up very small and sits in my Simms vest back pocket.
if I was to purchase another I’d go for the Wychwood one at £30.
S.

GEK79

I have an Orvis one I bought from somebody on here years ago, it rolls up very small and sits in my Simms vest back pocket.
if I was to purchase another I’d go for the Wychwood one at £30.
S.
Would that jacket take a heavy downpour or is it just a quick shower type.. I'm sat under a tree on the river I have my simms and underneath I have a heoprene jacket I'm sweating but dry.. I'd love to find a jacket for all weather.. Thanks you
Gary

Mrtrout

Mrtrout

Would that jacket take a heavy downpour or is it just a quick shower type.. I'm sat under a tree on the river I have my simms and underneath I have a heoprene jacket I'm sweating but dry.. I'd love to find a jacket for all weather.. Thanks you
Gary
They are totally waterproof Gary but just meant for summer wear when you don’t need a wading jacket but might get caught out.
mines saved me a few times.
have you caught owt?
S.

Rob Edmunds

I have Vass, Vass-Tex 350 but not the breathable version......in "Heavy Duty"

Its absolutely great, never let me down in 2 years in some horrendous weather and I've abused it too.

Its actually lightweight and easy to pack away as not lined etc....

For the price its fantastic.....

speytime

Gary neoprene doesn't breath your better with a quilted/thermolite/puff jacket for a mid layer.
The mix of the two covers all uk weather.

Al

GEK79

They are totally waterproof Gary but just meant for summer wear when you don’t need a wading jacket but might get caught out.
mines saved me a few times.
have you caught owt?
S.
2 small trout on a bibio hopper I had a nymph underneath it.. The top fly was winning today the rain was falling again