Chances mid July? I'm begging.

Reg Wyatt

Sorry to go over old ground but I'm getting desperate. Wondered what the experienced on here thought of my chances of being able to fish in the far north third week of July?
Will the first minister have relaxed the rules by then or is it a case of really impossible to tell?
More important things to be thinking about for sure but my selfish dreams aside, what's the general opinion?

Reg Wyatt

Lewis Chessman

So much depends on what happens in the month after lock down is released, both in the south and in Scotland. A second wave will surely see us sent back indoors. If cases remain 'manageable' then you may be in with a chance. Much may depend on the policy adopted by the specific river you're booked to fish and accommodation availability there and en route if needed.
Frankly, Reg, I can't be more encouraging much as I'd like to be. Too many big 'Ifs' about the matter. See where we are late June and contact your 'service providers' for an update then.

speytime

I'm a bit concerned about the timing, i've got a holiday booked in Grantown for 22nd June I'd be really scunnered if there's fish and I'm unable go, sods law will likely apply.

Al

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Sorry to go over old ground but I'm getting desperate. Wondered what the experienced on here thought of my chances of being able to fish in the far north third week of July?
Will the first minister have relaxed the rules by then or is it a case of really impossible to tell?
More important things to be thinking about for sure but my selfish dreams aside, what's the general opinion?

Reg Wyatt
Reg, my thoughts on reopening fisheries in Scotland.
Strongly suspect First Minister Sturgeon will announce opening of fishing as from Monday 1st June, given last weeks announcement was a road plan as to which way she is planing if cases drop by this Thursday 28th.
Distance to travel to said fisheries however, is continually changing through lobbying of Scottish parliament.
Was originaly said up to 5 miles, this changed to "local area", now looks like 50 miles.
Given English covid travel restrictions were within England only, no crossing borders, might well be Scotland does same, however, that is for this moment in time.
More lobbying from all sides will likely mean unrestricted travel within UK, but social distancing will still be the focal point.Timing, however, dependent on no "spikes" in reported cases
Was stated to-day transmission is pretty near impossible in open countryside if social distancing was applied, more likely to transmit in enclosed spaces indoors!
Bit crazy given lockdown situations!
In summation, think by end of July, you might just be able to fish Gods country, but you have no-where to stay!
regards
Bert

Reg Wyatt

Reg, my thoughts on reopening fisheries in Scotland.
Strongly suspect First Minister Sturgeon will announce opening of fishing as from Monday 1st June, given last weeks announcement was a road plan as to which way she is planing if cases drop by this Thursday 28th.
Distance to travel to said fisheries however, is continually changing through lobbying of Scottish parliament.
Was originaly said up to 5 miles, this changed to "local area", now looks like 50 miles.
Given English covid travel restrictions were within England only, no crossing borders, might well be Scotland does same, however, that is for this moment in time.
More lobbying from all sides will likely mean unrestricted travel within UK, but social distancing will still be the focal point.Timing, however, dependent on no "spikes" in reported cases
Was stated to-day transmission is pretty near impossible in open countryside if social distancing was applied, more likely to transmit in enclosed spaces indoors!
Bit crazy given lockdown situations!
In summation, think by end of July, you might just be able to fish Gods country, but you have no-where to stay!
regards
Bert
Thanks for your thoughts Bert. I love the highlands so much I'll bring my sleeping bag, if allowed of course!

Reg Wyatt