Chatton Trout Fishery, Northumberland

TroutAtlas

Last edited:

Blue Elver

Chatton

Hi!

As Chatton has changed a fair bit since Google Earth's photo:D, I thought it might help to put up the link to Chatton itself where there are now two lakes and a super fishing lodge, selling tackle and the best bacon rolls in the county!

Welcome to Chatton Trout Fishery

Not far from the A1.

Roger and Alison Brown (who both fish) are great hosts and a pleasure to meet. As you can see from website, the Winter Competition has been going great guns, plenty of fish including indigenous browns. The lodge is bright, clean and comfortable, with enough room for fly tying demos etc. Have met non-fishers there, 'just dropping by' for refreshment.

Plenty of space for casting instruction on grass for newcomers before they go out onto the lakes.

Despite enjoying our river fishing hugely, we find we keep popping back to Chatton to meet up and have a good day out.

All fishermen I have met have been kind and good-natured. At Chatton, they'd struggle to be anything else...

Trish:)

Waltyluft

I went for the first time yesterday.

I have to say it had never really appealed to me as I'm not a fan of the small commercial fisheries normally, but I went along with a group of guys from work.

What a pleasant surprise. The facilities are excellent, the staff were friendly and very helpful.

It was quite busy but there was plenty of options for places to fish. I chatted to a few of the anglers there and they were all full of praise for it - I didn't hear a single negative comment.

Prices seem reasonable (iirc, when it opened I thought it seemed expensive, so perhaps they've been adjusted over time). I paid £12 for 4 hours sporting ticket. I netted 7 nice fish, 4 blues and 3 rainbows and lost about 4 or 5 - a cracking 4 hours sport!

What impressed me immensely is the quality of the fish - I can honestly say that I've never before seen such consistently good fish in a stocked fishery - they were, quite simply, superb - all fit and full of fin!

By the way Blue Elver is right - bacon butties are awesome!!:thumbs:

Also, There are now 3 lakes at Chatton so google earth is even more out of date.

All in all a truly pleasurable experience and one that I will certainly repeat.

EDIT: I've just re-read my post and it looks like an advert :eek:mg: - I have no connection to this fishery at all - don't even know who runs it - just very impressed :)

Last edited:

noel

Hearing from Lee Cartmail the England Bank Captain that this has now been closed.

noel

My post on FB about this has vanished so I don't know what is happening.

Latest posts