Tail: Glo Brite 4
Rib: Oval Gold tinsel
Body: claret seal's fur
Body hackle: Claret cock
Head hackle: Blue Guinea Fowl
Head: Natural Deer Hair

Thanks for looking 🙂Screenshot_20200517-183121-01.jpeg

ackroyd

There is an emerging school of thought, born, I believe, of experience, that in the right conditions such flies work well on both the top dropper and the tail at the same time. I had hoped to try this technique out on the lochs of South Uist this year but the virus has put paid to that ambition.

bobmiddlepoint

There is an emerging school of thought, born, I believe, of experience, that in the right conditions such flies work well on both the top dropper and the tail at the same time. I had hoped to try this technique out on the lochs of South Uist this year but the virus has put paid to that ambition.
When I started ghillying on Uist I used to get exasperated by inexperienced rods who would put their bob flies on the point and point flies on the bob. I soon learnt that the fish really don't care where you put the fly on the cast. Just because there is a "right way" of doing things that everybody does doesn't make it right!

Andy

Wee Jimmy

When I started ghillying on Uist I used to get exasperated by inexperienced rods who would put their bob flies on the point and point flies on the bob. I soon learnt that the fish really don't care where you put the fly on the cast. Just because there is a "right way" of doing things that everybody does doesn't make it right!

Andy
The important thing to know is understanding the way the team of flies will fish differently with certain patterns in different positions.The only “right way” if there is one,is when you tune in to exactly what is turning the fish on .

Reactions: ACW

bobmiddlepoint

The important thing to know is understanding the way the team of flies will fish differently with certain patterns in different positions.The only “right way” if there is one,is when you tune in to exactly what is turning the fish on .
Too true. But there are times when any old fly anywhere will do.
It always pays to keep an open mind, I've learnt a lot in all fishing situations from watching people who clearly had no idea what they were doing or why and yet stumbled on killing methods or found salmon lies I'd missed in water I thought knew very.

Andy

Wee Jimmy

Too true. But there are times when any old fly anywhere will do.
It always pays to keep an open mind, I've learnt a lot in all fishing situations from watching people who clearly had no idea what they were doing or why and yet stumbled on killing methods or found salmon lies I'd missed in water I thought knew very.

Andy
Spot on.....