Classifieds - guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make the classified section as fair as possible to all, we are making a few changes.

Members with over 100 posts can now sell 2 used items per month in each of the classifieds sections. This means one item/lot to one thread. A member can sell e.g. one book in one thread but can also e.g. offer a rod, reel and line as a lot if one price is asked for the complete outfit, a box of used flies is one sale if sold as one lot, at one price for that lot etc. Threads will be modified or deleted if threads do not comply.

Should a member wish to sell more items in that month he/she must contact us to enquire about a trade membership of the forums.

Finally a few reminders:
- Member who wish to make posts of a commercial nature must upgrade to a Trade membership, contact us at sales@fishandfly.com for further details. Commercial posts put up by non Trade members may be deleted without notice.

- Finally, please do not sell on behalf of friends as your thread will be removed.

As we have received a number of complaints of members spoiling threads on members classified sales we feel its time to remind members on some of the rules for reference in future.

Please always state price in post,any without a price, will be removed.

No links to same item to any other site or ebay.These will also be removed.

Items placed in classifieds ie 1 item per post, although we do give some allowances to certain items which is understandable ie items of fly tying as long as it is not trading.Flies tied by individuals to sell are not allowed unless they are "used flies" and being cleared to replace.(We do observe other sites other than here)

Problems that arise between buyer and seller,as always, we will try and assist where we can, but ultimately it is between themselves to sort out.We will assist with any legalities which may arise.

When a member places a sales post,it will automatically be closed.All replies to the sale will be between seller and buyer by PM only.The thread will not allow replies to it,only by PM.

The member placing the ad,will be able to amend it as required only.

When the item is sold,the seller must change the post and add "sold" to it,DO NOT REPLACE THE PRICE with sold,the price must remain,This also applies to items withdrawn.Items withdrawn must have the ad remain and then withdrawn added as it does with sold items.We will stop future sales if this keeps happening.

We will not inform members by Pm and will delete if we see a thread which has broken the rules of classifieds such as repeatedly bumping and ignoring warnings left on the posts and will restrict their classified status.

In addition to the rules we have set a limit on selling an individual item/items to a maximum of £1000.Any item or items as job lots over this amount will be deleted.

Classifieds is a perk for members and not to be abused and the 100 post rule is the minimum guide but in some circumstances we will extend this for reasons such as not enough input elsewhere on the forum and just boosting post counts with "nice fly" "ok thanks" so as they can sell items .It also applies that buyers require the 100 posts for the same reasons as selling.

Paypal gift causes many problems and we recommend it is not used as there is no comeback,either to buyer or seller in these instances.

All items sold,must be marked on the selling post.Do Not remove price with sold.Leave price on post for reference for members.We will remove classified status if a member persists removing prices with sold,for 1 month.

Dangerous items

We do not allow sales of any dangerous items on the forum ,such as air rifles or any type of rifle/shotgun, crossbows, knives etc.These will be removed.

Please read this update to classifieds as it applies to the new system.

Classifieds update.Any questions this should answer them.

Last edited by a moderator:

benjamin_bizzell

Hi Sofi

So, normal members, with the required 100 posts, may sell up to two items per month in EACH SECTION before incurring charges?

Example, in May, I could sell

2 x reels - Reel Section
2 x rods - Rod Section
2 x fly boxes - Flies and Fly Boxes
2 x fishing jackets - Other Items
2 x cameras - Non Fishing Items

Or is it two items in total per month?

regards

Benjamin

Hi Ben,
Free member can post 2 items per month per section, if they have 100 posts or more. Members who have less than 100 post or want to sell more items in a month can use the new PayPal/Panjo section to sell.

Hope this clarifies things.

Sofi

myriad

Administrator
Staff member
Just to add,this also means 1 rod = 1 thread .You cannot put 4 rods to sell in the same post as that would be 4 separate sales as an example.

You could put 2 threads selling rods then go onto the panjo system for the other 2 rods to sell.

benjamin_bizzell

Just to add,this also means 1 rod = 1 thread .You cannot put 4 rods to sell in the same post as that would be 4 separate sales as an example.

You could put 2 threads selling rods then go onto the panjo system for the other 2 rods to sell.

Unless selling the 4 x rods as one lot?

Benjamin

myriad

Administrator
Staff member
1 rod is 1 rod Ben and = 1 post

4 rods is 4 posts and as 2 are allowed per month in one section the other 2 rods would need to go into the panjo system.

Lots is lots and not 1 item

a rod,reel and line in the same post and selling as 1 price is classed as 1 item.

If they are sold separate for a price then they become separate items.ie rod £10 reel £10 line £10 is 3 separate items,

rod reel line £30 is 1 item

I hope this helps.
We may add that any posts prior to today will remain untouched and will only apply to new posts from today.

Last edited:

benjamin_bizzell

1 rod is 1 rod Ben and = 1 post

4 rods is 4 posts and as 2 are allowed per month in one section the other 2 rods would need to go into the panjo system.

Lots is lots and not 1 item

Apologies, this may need clarification in the first post as it sounds as if you can sell an "outfit" as one item if asking one entire price,

"This means one item to one thread. If a member is offering e.g. a rod, reel and line, it is only classified as one sale if one price is asked for the complete outfit"

that's correct Ben

I really do not wish to come across as pendantic but folk may fall foul if they are not aware so I am likely asking what many are thinking :eek:

Benjamin

ben_tucka

I also understand it as benjamin understands it as if one price is asked it is one item. what if someone had a clear out or gave up fishing and sold on here tha could be in the 100s of items

Sell as 1 lot for one price

sewinbasher

I also understand it as benjamin understands it as if one price is asked it is one item. what if someone had a clear out or gave up fishing and sold on here tha could be in the 100s of items

They might have to sell on another forum or the dreaded Fleabay. Don't forget the routine BBC quote "other fora are available".

The classified section was always meant as a benefit to contributing members to sell a few used items they no longer want. With this system you can still do that, it has not changed.

If you would like to sell more items in that month you can but through the "PayPal" section system.

buzzerfan

The smallprint under the Classified Rods section says this....

'Private members need 100 posts before listing goods here and can post 5 per month only'.

That doesn't tally with what has been said above, one or other needs altering. Personally as I told Myriad recently, I don't see what was wrong with the previous system.:(

I'm not sure that this explains what was unfair about the previous arrangements.
which is what I'd like to know/understand. 'If it ain't broke......'

Andrew

Last edited:

Whitegoatie

Sell as 1 lot for one price

Unless it includes 4 rods? 4 rods, price £100 the lot = 1 lot or item, if they are separate prices they become individual items

jameswaine

The way I read it, following on from these comments; you can sell an outfit as 1 item but you cannot sell multiple items that are the same, as 1 item.

So rod, reel, line is okay.
Rod, rod, rod is not.refer to answer in post above

I think.

If I may quote from Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life:

"I do wish you'd listen. It's perfectly simple. If you're not getting your hair cut, you don't have to move your brother's clothes down to the lower peg. You simply collect his note before lunch, after you've done your scripture prep, when you've written your letter home, before rest, move your own clothes onto the lower peg, greet the visitors, and report to Mr. Viney that you've had your chit signed."

Whitegoatie

4 rods for £100? That sounds like a bargain! :)Ill place them in panjo ;)

bro66

I like the current arrangement,it seems to work well from what I've seen and I have bought several pieces of tackle since joining without a problem.

It feels more like getting a bargain from your mate rather than buying from a shop.

Maybe we should have a poll and let the formanites have a say before changes are made ??

wye_wizard

bracknell,berkshire.originally from ayrshire.
So if i am selling 100 flies i must do it 2 per month? sounds great!!!:D

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I am glad i stopped using the classifieds when you messed about with them last time.:eek:mg::eek:mg:

So if i am selling 100 flies i must do it 2 per month? sounds great!!!:D

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I am glad i stopped using the classifieds when you messed about with them last time.:eek:mg::eek:mg:

Fortunately not Wiz. 100 flies is a job lot at one price so would take up one of your two free monthly posts in the fly classifieds section. At least that seems to be what's going down!

Sent from my iPad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.