Classifieds - guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameswaine

The rules have changed, I think we've all accepted that.

But why, for the love of God, despite being asked countless times, will admin not tell us why it's changed?

I have no problem with the changes, I just want to know why?

I mean, really why?

scobo

But why, for the love of God, despite being asked countless times, will admin not tell us why it's changed?

I mean, really why?

b36ab9edb4a142c6a12b768a4a49fdb8_zps3e2ab652.jpg

:D

ohanzee

There are sometimes things in life that we just can't find answers to, god, women, and classifieds:D

G

guest37226

I go on holiday for 2 weeks and come back and log in and chaos.:eek:mg:

I dread going away for 3 weeks we will all then have to log in with our credit card details :D:D:D

The joys of a changing world :eek:

edd7

Absolute joke , like I have said before , this has now just messed everything up for people to find a bargain who maybe can't afford top end tackle

I hope the complainers are happy now , mainly the ones who sell flies , time to put yer dummy back in , forum would be better of without you ,
Used to be a good forum but it's now a bag of poo to be honest

Too many little *****es on here and you know who you s are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rapidratter

Well i'm the same ! Restricted on sales with no notification , it's all a crock O Sh-t :eek:mg:

Wading Jacket " one Lot " Clothing/Fishing eqi section "
Matching Nippers & forceps " advertised & sold as one lot " Clothing/Fishing sec

Kelly Kettle " one Lot " NON Fishing section .

Am i Missing something here or is it the case that someone just loves bouncing on his own thumb to much . :thumbs:

fishfinger

I mean, really why?

It's really not rocket science , it's been changed to make the site owners money ... Simples !!!

edd7

Yep I agree but too many fuds on here who think they know everything and spit the dummy all because they are trade members , selfish springs to mind as a lot if decent people will miss out on the bargains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Streamfisher

Bit short sighted this, ok people use this site to sell stuff but more importantly people use this site to buy stuff! I think the latter has been overlooked.....shame!! :thumbsdown:

SF

dorsetdarren

Banned
Banned
What happens if you post an item but you dont sell it? Does that count as 1 of the 2 used up for the month?

rapidratter

Well ! I believe in making things fair but but making one rule for one then change them " now that really does pi-- me off " .

A certain admin member places three YES THREE threads in the same section on the 28/4 then has the cheek move the goal posts !

Doesn't matter how you look at it PATHETEIC .

wrongfoot

I've looked, there's a payment portal but no terms or description of the services I get or don't get when I pay to be a trade member or a declaration of the limits of the forum admin's liabilities as the host of the free ads and paid ads. The sort of Terms and Conditions I'd expect to see when completing any transactions for a service.

Ebay has them even Gumtree does for it's free service, I find it questionable that they aren't here. Perhaps I've missed them somehow? Or do you get them post payment by confirmation email (also questionable)?

myriad

Administrator
Staff member
Simple answer is yes it would.

If it does not sell, it would still have been there for a month on display.

Place it again the following month it may sell then but would count as one of your posts of two per section.

Hope this answers your question.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

A certain admin member places three YES THREE threads in the same section on the 28/4 then has the cheek move the goal posts !

Just as trade members pay to advertise,as part of the forum Administration who spend many hours here administrating,they are allowed to advertise their own stock on their own forum.

myriad

Administrator
Staff member
As we have received a number of complaints of members spoiling threads on members classified sales we feel its time to remind members on some of the rules for reference in future.

If you are not intending to buy an item or have no intentions of buying,including assisting others by placing a comment to help bump it please keep off the thread as it does not help.

Items placed in classifieds ie 1 item per post, although we do give some allowances to certain items which is understandable ie items of fly tying as long as it is not trading.Flies tied by individuals to sell are not allowed unless they are "used flies" and being cleared to replace.(We do observe other sites other than here)

Problems that arise between buyer and seller,as always, we will try and assist where we can, but ultimately it is between themselves to sort out.We will assist with any legalities which may arise.

We will not inform members by Pm and will delete if we see a thread which has broken the rules of classifieds such as repeatedly bumping and ignoring warnings left on the posts and will restrict their classified status.

Classifieds is a perk for members and not to be abused and the 100 post rule is the minimum guide but in some circumstances we will extend this for reasons such as not enough input elsewhere on the forum and just boosting post counts with "nice fly" "ok thanks" so as they can sell items .

Paypal gift causes many problems and we recommend it is not used as there is no comeback,either to buyer or seller in these instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts