Classifieds update.Any questions this should answer them.

myriad

Administrator
Staff member
As we explained a few weeks ago and as of today those changes should be completed.

So what are they just so all know?

When a member places a sales post,it will automatically be closed.All replies to the sale will be between seller and buyer by PM only.The thread will not allow replies to it,only by PM.

The member placing the ad,will be able to amend it as required only.

When the item is sold,the seller must change the post and add "sold" to it,DO NOT REPLACE THE PRICE with sold,the price must remain.We will stop future sales if this keeps happening.

This way the seller as complete control of their ad.

Outwith this all other rules remain.

10 posts per month,runs from date first post placed ie place a post on the 3rd and use your 10 posts,you will not be able to post a sale again until the 3rd of the following month.

You are allowed 2 posts per section.

1 item per post only unless being sold as a job lot.

maximum sales per month is £1000.

Used items of tackle only,we will allow the odd items new,but if a member is only selling new items all the time we will review those sales.

Members require minimum of 100 posts to sell in classifieds.

All other details are on the classified rules ,but this should answer all questions and make it more user friendly for members selling,giving you the control of your sale.

Let us clarify the wanted /swap section of classifieds

It is not a place to try to sell items with statements such as "clear out pm me if you need anything"

As the heading states you either require or want AN ITEM or You have AN ITEM to swap for another item.

Its not to be used to list a whole load of items and hope a pm will come to BUY it.

If we see this in this section we will firstly remove it and you can then take this as a warning, if the same member does this again we will remove your classifieds status no questions and none answered.

Please just respect the rules as they are and stop trying to infringe them.

Last edited:

Mrtrout

Hi Myriad, if I read your post correctly the seller has the ability to mark it as sold or reduce the price?
But on my recent post yesterday for a Sage reel there is no edit button to allow me to do this?
Also whilst I appreciate you not wanting other members making comments on the thread could we not allow the OP a maximum of three bumps to highlight the item before it gets buried in the archives.
Thanks S.

myriad

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Myriad, if I read your post correctly the seller has the ability to mark it as sold or reduce the price?
But on my recent post yesterday for a Sage reel there is no edit button to allow me to do this?
Also whilst I appreciate you not wanting other members making comments on the thread could we not allow the OP a maximum of three bumps to highlight the item before it gets buried in the archives.
Thanks S.
Hi Steven

as it says in the first sentence,"as of today" so you wouldn't be able to do it yesterday.

As for the bumps,simple answer is No.

benisa

Hi Steven

as it says in the first sentence,"as of today" so you wouldn't be able to do it yesterday.

As for the bumps,simple answer is No.
Myriad

what would happen if I addv an item it did not sell after a week , as we can not Bump it up as y say can I then relist after that time?

myriad

Administrator
Staff member
Myriad

what would happen if I addv an item it did not sell after a week , as we can not Bump it up as y say can I then relist after that time?
if you wanted to relist it that would be upto you,your in control of your ad,but it would list as another item from your 10 per month.that is automatically done by the system.

Capeldrae

When the item is sold,the seller must change the post and add "sold" to it,DO NOT REPLACE THE PRICE with sold,the price must remain.We will stop future sales if this keeps happening.

May I ask why the price has to remain when item has been sold ?

A

myriad

Administrator
Staff member

May I ask why the price has to remain when item has been sold ?

A
Of course,main reason is people like to know what price it was and also can see what it was sold for.

tierradelfuego

Assuming today is anytime/sometime today, given items posted 2 hours ago aren't being locked automatically, otherwise you might want to look into it M...

benisa

Of course,main reason is people like to know what price it was and also can see what it was sold for.

think its good as if you have the same item lets you see what is worth and maybe get a few or less £:thumbs:

myriad

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming today is anytime/sometime today, given items posted 2 hours ago aren't being locked automatically, otherwise you might want to look into it M...
They dont show up as locked but they are.Admin were doing it manually till today when it was sorted into the system to do it automatic.I hope.

Just tried it to see and it will come up that you dont have permissions if you try to reply.So its all done by pm,s

Last edited:

lipslicker

I know there must be a reason why no one can post on a sales thread, but I am struggling to think of one.
What is it?

icejohn

Must say I like the new rules. The main one is the price staying up :) so you know what stuff sold for.

Once more the bump or comments made by mates on an "opportunist" sale was so irritating.

Now you put your ad up with a fair price it should sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

falsecast

Most items are sold under what they are advertised for, so where's the help with leaving the price ? If anyone wants to know proper selling prices they just look on Ebay completed' sales, not on here.

pusser

Most items are sold under what they are advertised for, so where's the help with leaving the price ? If anyone wants to know proper selling prices they just look on Ebay completed' sales, not on here.
Can't see the problem myself. On some forums you have to do all of the negotiating in 'open forum' then only go to PM to exchange details. Ebay isn't really an indicative of what something is worth (especially if 2 people really want the item - then the price can get very inflated over 'actual worth') so why not see what prices things go for on here?

I also fully support the not making comments on sales posts, having been subject to some horrendous stabbing on a post in the past.

People put something for sale (where others are unable to attempt to sabotage that sale), someone pm's them to buy it, it is sold and the post remains unchanged - seems like a great system to me.

myriad

Administrator
Staff member
Just a point which has been raised.Any post previous to yesterday will mean we will still need to add sold as we closed it rather than it being the system.

Any thread placed from yesterday will be fine for the OP to do.

lipslicker

Can't see the problem myself. On some forums you have to do all of the negotiating in 'open forum' then only go to PM to exchange details. Ebay isn't really an indicative of what something is worth (especially if 2 people really want the item - then the price can get very inflated over 'actual worth') so why not see what prices things go for on here?

I also fully support the not making comments on sales posts, having been subject to some horrendous stabbing on a post in the past.

People put something for sale (where others are unable to attempt to sabotage that sale), someone pm's them to buy it, it is sold and the post remains unchanged - seems like a great system to me.
I have clearly missed all these 'stabbing' posts.
What do people stab about?
About the price?
Why would anyone sabotage a sale?

In my experience (limited, I admit) the comments on sales threads have only been helpful.
For instance, I was late in trying to buy a reel, and said so. The guy who had already registered his interest saw how gutted I was and very kindly stood aside, and allowed me to buy them.

Other comments I have seen have, say, been saying how great a rod is, etc..
Not once have I seen a post saying something derogatory about an item or the seller.

That said, and on the latter, I imagine there have been sales from dodgy characters (that recent reel, for instance) where a comment advising others to beware might be a good thing?

Last edited:
G

guest37226

I think the issue has been when someone lists an item for a price then a comment says "you can get that cheaper at XXX fishing tackle shop "

Really stuffs a sale.

Rob Edmunds

Again I've never had a problem with sales ( or purchases) on here.....I try and sell to others at a fair price and always describe the item correctly.....if anyone were to have a problem then I'd refund in full......I consider it selling to my mates rather than a business transaction.......same with purchases everyone has always been very good/fair wiith me..

( not that I sell or buy many items at all )

My problem with this site is the amount of individual items put up for sale by certain "traders".......now I completely appreciate they pay to sell, and it is a business but we are bombarded with items that is to the detriment of the site ( in my opinion).......it's just more overpriced secondhand tackle that really the majority aren't interested in

Plus what is wrong with other forum users pointing out that the same item is cheaper elsewhere ???

Or that an item is overpriced ??

I really used to like this forum as you could express opinions honestly and have a bit of banter......plus who cares if the price of a sold item is made public? ?

How about I start a thread entitled the "real value of secondhand tackle"........so anyone can post the actual sold prices of their items if they desire........simply as a point of reference so we can gauge the current market or decide on a fair price.

Last edited: