Cocoons polarising sunglasses? What lens colour/frame?

wchaudhrey

Hi all

I want to invest in a new pair of polarising sunglasses. As I have been finding spotting fish quite difficult and want to wear Cocoons over my prescriptions (ive been fishing without my prescriptions this whole time). Any ideas if Coccoons are any good? and if so what lens colour/frame would be good for sighting trout in streams? (versatile lenses that will work on saltwater would be ideal too but not a must). Or should i just pay extra for an established brand of prescription polarised sunglasses?

Thanks

original cormorant

Cocoons are genenerally considered a poor second best for tropical saltwater. Optilabs are the best value for prescription polaroids. My optilabs varifocals are I think about £220 at current prices.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Cocoons are genenerally considered a poor second best for tropical saltwater. Optilabs are the best value for prescription polaroids. My optilabs varifocals are I think about £220 at current prices.
That would be my advice too.
Get a pair of polaroids made up to your prescription, but make sure the level of polorisation is high.
Have same, used them abroad on saltwater, use them all the time here, way, way better than over lenses.

Bert

wchaudhrey

Get a pair of polaroids made up to your prescription, but make sure the level of polorisation is high.
Have same, used them abroad on saltwater, use them all the time here, way, way better than over lenses.

Bert

Any recommendations on lens colours for trout and/or saltwater?

wchaudhrey

Bert

wchaudhrey

any recommendations on lens colours for trout and/or saltwater?

tangled

They say yellow or copper but I have no idea whether 'they' are right.

This is what these people say

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Mine are in the bog standard grey/black colour.
I do understand amber/yellow/copper tints might be useful in low light conditions, but in low light conditions, I use my standard vario focals, I seem to be able to see better that way!
regards
Bert

Jamie Dundee

I always prefer a brown lens, gives a warm colour temperature to the light. The cheapo overglasses I’ve just bought do a good job but really wash out colour, people’s skin is the tone of a five day old corpse.